User Tag List

Thread: ACT Government wants your views on road safety by 30 September

Post ACT Government wants your views on road safety by 30 September

The ACT Government is consulting with 'the community' on their road safety strategy 2011-2020.

You don't need to be a resident to comment, but this is one of those rare opportunities to have your say and make our roads safer AND more pleasant to drive/ride on.

Territory and Municipal Services - ACT Road Safety Strategy

Comments on this discussion paper are welcomed, and may be addressed to:
    Email: communityengagement@act.gov.au
    TAMS Community Engagement and Communications
    GPO Box 158
    CANBERRA ACT 2601
    The closing date for comments is
    5pm, Thursday 30 September 2010.
    I know that I'll be having my say.

Oh, I'm so emailing...

Edit: Actually, I'm going to write a letter
    Last edited by Vanq; 17-08-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Why bother Alice they don't listen..... Everything I 've written to over the years hasn't got me anywhere,I do enough and give a lot to the government now without wasting more time. My 2cents worth Alice but hey, you go girl...

they obviously will listen if they are asking us lol

They won't listen, or if they do nothing will come of it.
    The answer is to fix the roads, but that will cost money, but they would rather spend that money on their international "study trips" or some grant to an "artist" that wants to paint trees blue
    And now because the roads have got so bad in places it's going to cost so much more
    Instead they would rather pass the blame on to people that speed, or poor driving.
    Installing new lower speed limit signs seem to be their answer for everything. Nothing more than a bandaid solution in my opinion.

Cars are so much safer today, yet the speed limits are going down, so speeds should not be the sole blame for fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Cars are so much safer today, yet the speed limits are going down, so speeds should not be the sole blame for fatalities.
    Just email that sentence to them!

I will.
    They just don't seem to understand.
    Cars are better than ever before, we do longer and stricter driver training, there are more laws, harsher penalties, and lower limits.

And what has that done to the road toll?
    Stuff all

All of their ideas either cost very little to execute or it makes them money.
    And it's not working
    It's time for the government to get serious, put their money where their mouth is and invest money into better roads.

We all know the answer, they know the answer, but they are just to tight to do anything about it.

With the election coming up, I bet whichever side would have the guts to promise more money to be spent on roads they will win the election.
    I know I'd vote for them

Well this is interesting. I wonder if they will actually take any notice of what they get told by the public. My guess is no.

I've already ranted on to many times about this so I won't . Go for it Alice if you can make these desk jockeys take notice your a better man than I am , warning though brick walls are blind ,deaf & a bit thick but the walls of Jericho fell down after enough ppl walked aruond them

Go for it Alice in pollyland

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 18-08-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon