User Tag List

Thread: New Mazda 3 gets stop-start tech, and DSG???!!

Blog Entries

Default New Mazda 3 gets stop-start tech, and DSG???!!

Nothing much new in this article except what's highlighted!!

The new Mazda 3 will be fitted with stop-start technology by the end of this year, a senior source within the company has told Autocar.

The Mazda 3’s stop-start system will be available on the 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre petrol models only; the diesel-engined Mazda 3 variants won’t initially get the technology, while the petrol 1.4 from the current car has been dropped from the range.

Mazda is also developing its own DSG-style twin-clutch gearbox for the new Mazda 3, although this won’t be production-ready until 2010.

In the more immediate future, a hot MPS version of the Mazda 3 will be launched at the Geneva show in March. Expect a more radically styled model than the current car, with a more aggressive bodykit.
    Sourced from Autocar.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Blog Entries

HOLY CARROTS!!! I know what I'm upgrading to!

2010 MPS seems to be getting better and better... =D

Blog Entries

Indeed it does!

Want!!

Hopefully its price stays as friendly as it has been with the previous model.

*fingers crossed*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Hopefully its price stays as friendly as it has been with the previous model.

*fingers crossed*
    You only just got yours! You can't upgrade just yet
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Shhh!!

...by 2010 Im more than allowed to upgrade no? lol

8. Default

I hope stop start isnt used in the new MPS. Imagine sitting at the lights beside a Subie or Evo. Subie - "Bop bop bop bop bop", Evo - "Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr", MPS - ................................. <wind whistles by>

You'd have to lean our your window and ask permission to start your engine..... blah...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I hope stop start isnt used in the new MPS. Imagine sitting at the lights beside a Subie or Evo. Subie - "Bop bop bop bop bop", Evo - "Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr", MPS - ................................. <wind whistles by>

You'd have to lean our your window and ask permission to start your engine..... blah...
    Haha lol

I personally dont think start stop will be on the new MPS...its not really a *green* car.

And its a performance model.

Anyways...things are looking very good for my upgrade as I was swinging towards an Audi soon.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I was looking at either the 370Z or the Evo X, but as nice as those cars are I just don't want to spend that much coin on a toy..... Especially not when I can buy a pretty damn nice Ducati for $25K =D

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post

Hmm I dunno, I would like the MPS to keep their sleeper ways
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

13. Default

The stock MPS hardly makes any engine noise anyway.

I can sit with the windows open and radio off and not even hear it.

Was in my garage yesterday and thought the engine was off as there was no noise at all.

As far as the DSG goes. Yeah, giddy up. I'm not the best with the manual gearbox and DSG I think will do wonders for this cars 0 - 100 time. It should know how much power can go into the front wheels to make the best get away.

But the DSG box will also have a lot of software to go with it. If you modify the car to make more power do you need to modify the software as well? Will it know you have more power and behave accordingly i.e. less rpm for fast get aways? Or will it make it easier to spin the wheels as the gearbox still thinks the car is stock?

And on the subject of new toys... If you are looking at EVO X's I hope the 135i is also being looked at! Thats the new toy I would want!
    135i - $72,230
    EVO X - between $60,000 and $80,000 (i couldn't get the Mitsubishi RRP as their webite is ****!)

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    I was looking at either the 370Z or the Evo X, but as nice as those cars are I just don't want to spend that much coin on a toy..... Especially not when I can buy a pretty damn nice Ducati for $25K =D
    I love my bikes too, but the record shows that you have a 65% higher chance killing yourself on a $25k ducati, than you do in a 4 wheeler.....