User Tag List

Thread: Thoughts on Megan Racing Coilovers?

Default Thoughts on Megan Racing Coilovers?

I'm in the market for a new suspension set up; I've been getting some great advice from some club members here.

I've come across "Megan Racing" Coilovers that are imported by "Street To Track" for (among other things) the MPS 3.

Have anyone heard much about these? what they're like?

I know; they're the lower/budget end of the Coilover market, but with the current opportunity with the group buy for BC Coilovers, I naturally looked at alternatives in the same price range and these came up.

Paul from STT quoted $1240 at current exchange rates.

Can check out the website here:

http://www.streettotrack.com/coilovers.htm

Interested in your opinions!

Tom
    Last edited by 03blk; 16-08-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Don't buy cheap coil-overs. They are glorified height adjustable springs.

Spend the same amount on good springs and struts and the handling will be better than "cheap" coil-overs.

You get what you pay for.

Thanks Troy

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Don't buy cheap coil-overs. They are glorified height adjustable springs.

Spend the same amount on good springs and struts and the handling will be better than "cheap" coil-overs.

You get what you pay for.
    Agreed my experince with coilovers DONT BUY CHEAP... i had G4's in my 07 neo, provided better than stock handling but ride was shocking... save a bit more go something thats proven a winner

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I have this time gone with H&R's you loose a little with adjustablity but ride and handling is great a great compromise so i have read.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Go Tein and never look back

Never heard of Megan Racing. . Sounds nasty

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Go Tein and never look back

Never heard of Megan Racing. . Sounds nasty
    My friend here has Tein in his SP23. it's fantastic.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    My friend here has Tein in his SP23. it's fantastic.
    Couldnt have said it any better, Have had Tein in my GTiR for 2years now And nothing but awesom drive, ride height, yes my comfort is down by I have got my set to hard and very low spring height, my mate has same Teins in his S15 and has his set to soft but still same level on height and rides like its on a cushion of air. . . But the Teins have the ability to be switched in the cabin if you pay an extra $500 and get the EDFC
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .