User Tag List

Thread: Corksport FMIC + Corksport TBE = CEL?

Question Corksport FMIC + Corksport TBE = CEL?

hi guys. Let me just say, great site Been around omc for a while but its great to have something MPS specific!

I've seen on a couple of forums (sorry didnt save the links!) that when both the CS FMIC and the CS 'power series' TBE are paired up a CEL results. Anyone seen this first hand?

I had planned to put both these products on when the $$ are available but if a CEL results... Id be a bit hesitant to say the least!

Uhhh I should add that mines an MPS3 the kits differ between the two
    Last edited by Scaredycrow; 22-01-2009 at 09:28 PM.

2. Default

As there are no replies I'll have a go.

Its probably just the TBE. Is there a CAT in it?

I believe that has been the cause of the CEL warning with most aftermarket downpipes.

CPE mentions this as a cause of the CEL in one of their downpipe configurations.

For an even greater dose of the same great sound and power, option out the downpipe without a catalytic converter, OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. cp-e™ Smart O2 Sims™ will be released shortly to eliminate the unwanted check engine light.
    Hope that helps.

And one site I visited to check on if the CS has a CAT an owner was showing a CEL. He/She had not reconnected the sensor so I hope it wasn't that page you found. That person had the CS TBE and FMIC.

There is a "diode" trick to get around the CEL.

Thanks guys for the reply's. I reckon its not likely to be a problem. Ideally I wouldnt want to circumvent the o2 sensor though if its not going to work anyway....

Cheers,
    --Josh

The only reason a CEL is thrown is because you have removed the cat from the downpipe.

On either side of the downpipes cat there is a o2 sensor. Which is now reading the same thing!

You need to get a handscan or someone with a tool to not look for this error.

Short to that, you can plug up a diode or whatever to avoid it.

The guys at Race Solutions in Penrith helped me out.

[QUOTE=lazydog;15422]The only reason a CEL is thrown is because you have removed the cat from the downpipe.

On either side of the downpipes cat there is a o2 sensor. Which is now reading the same thing!

Ahhhhh cheers for that. I did not realize there was a second o2 sensor. Makes much more sense now!

7. Default

i noticed on a few sites the Corksport down pipe is catless and the CPE has two cats as well as throwing the CEL is is actually bad for the stock turbo to run a catless DP?

A catless dp will flow more than a catted one. What I've read is that when people start modifying their exhaust for more flow, the pressure difference at the turbo is greater which causes the sealing issue that leads to smoke. Adding a less restrictive intake counter balances that.

9. Default

interesting that such a simple mod as a CAI coupled with say a FMIC could fix that common problem. Also I read the stock turbo is just not meant to handle that kind of pressure?. Sorry for the questions but does that mean if one was to get a full TBE from corksport it would only have 1 cat and resonator?