User Tag List

Thread: Wheel Alingment/Wear Issues

Default Wheel Alingment/Wear Issues

Well i have got myself to the point now where my tyres are noisy because of uneven wear and it is annoying the crap out of me

got some king springs waiting to go in and hopefully that should give me some negative camber in the front wheels but is there anything else i should get in order to keep the wheels alinged and tracking straight?a camber kit maybe?strut bars?

Thanks for all the help..appreciated

2. Default

Regular wheel alignments done every 5000km

i do wheel alingments every 5000 and rotate...stil get the issue two or 3 days after car has been realigned...thanks..any other ideas

any other ideas?

You could get polyurethane bushes installed, but it would be a fairly significant cost. I would advise against the adjustable ball joints; there have been too many failures. The other problem you would have with either of these options is finding someone who knows how to wheel align a car (these people are extremely rare). And adding this much complexity would just overwhelm the average monkey.

Why not wait until it's lowered. I found that lowering resolved most of my wheel alignment issues.

Hey Mal, Will lowering shortens the life of the stock struts?

Some people say it does shorten their life, and if you install firmer springs the dampers will be worked harder, so it's probable they will have a shorter life.

But we have double wishbone front suspension which makes it a little easier to remove the shocks when they need changing.