User Tag List

Thread: Minor Key Scratches!!

Default Minor Key Scratches!!

Hi guys,

So yesterday (black Friday) realized it on the way to work that some idiot manage to put a key scratch either deliberately or "accidentally" on my beloved Gen 2 Its roughly 15cm long and 13cm of which is very "vague/minor" scratch followed by a 2cm where the paint has come off/ chipped off and its located right next to the back window so can't get a new door!! ><

My question is, as for the 13cm of the very "vague/minor" scratch, it is only very obvious under the sunlight and you can barely see it during the dark... So i was wondering as the main layer of the paint hasn't really come "off" is there anything or any products that people have used in the past to make it less obvious??

that sucks arse.

Machine polish the scratch out. If it is too deep it may need wet sanding. There are products that conceal things like swirl marks, but not for scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Machine polish the scratch out. If it is too deep it may need wet sanding. There are products that conceal things like swirl marks, but not for scratches.
    Oh really?? What if i get those cut and polish?? Would it kinda get rid of it?? Its not "obvious" well the part where the paint came off is but the other lines aren't so its not that deep??

Definately don't recommend you let the cut and polish products you see over the counter anywhere near your car. If you can't machine and it isn't too obvious then I would just leave it. Otherwise what you suggested might make things worse