User Tag List

Thread: Engine fuel ? Highest Km

1. Default Engine fuel ? Highest Km

Hi

mps 6 is recommended to use 98 oct right ?
    if we put 95 oct will it do any damage to car ? what will happen ?

are there many mps above 100.000km? hit this mark with no problems at all ? except the usual any car needs

Firstly, and I could care less what anyone says, but there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with putting 95ron fuel in your car. It is the minimum suggested fuel, according to Mazda and the ecu will adjust accordingly.
    I run either 95 or 98 and don't notice much difference at all. Yes 95 gives me on average slightly less economy, but cost per km is about the same.
    I've noticed more difference in brands of fuel than I have their RON

This topic has been done before.

Plenty of MPS motors have done over 100,000 without problems, I know there a couple with 200,000+

3. Default

200.000 thats great

well what guy from mazda said is if we put 95 and since the ecu is programmed to use 98 it will not burn fuel right and probably will use more fuel than needed, this with 95.

just wanted to confirm if it was t rue or not

we cant trust sellers

Quote Originally Posted by thundercatpt View Post
    200.000 thats great

well what guy from mazda said is if we put 95 and since the ecu is programmed to use 98 it will not burn fuel right and probably will use more fuel than needed, this with 95.

just wanted to confirm if it was t rue or not

we cant trust sellers
    Sorry but this is incorrect, the MPS is programmed to run and 95 or 98 and E10

You will see the requirements on your petrol cap flap.

Yes you will use more fuel...thats obvious and you dont need to be a scientist to work that out.

The higher the RON the denser the fuel the long it lasts wihen burning...but also at a higher price.

So price per km...would the be same as 95....

Anyways....i have done 150000kms and its not whether you use 95 or 98 ...but as said before...the brand.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

so lets talk about brand of fuel vs km/s then....

i honestly don't see much difference as now mazda fiddled with the car during the last service I get around 500km's per tank instead of 400-420km per tank

I always use 98 ron and it is usually mobil, shell or bp can't say i've noticed any difference between them

Andre

95 is fine. The care is rated for it. See inside fuel cap body flap.
    But I always use 98 - why scrimp when many 98 RON fuels (e.g Ultimate) 's use cleaners and are worth a few more kms range and a few more Kw, especially after you've just spent $10K on modding your car to make it go better?

I've only ever run BP 98, but have started using E10 as it's the closest petrol station to home.

i have never put anything other than bp ultimate in.
    should prob try shell helix ultra or whatever it is called one day

I don't like the ethanol blends as they are really bad on economy. Does anyone notice that since the introduction of 95 ron fuel the 98 has gone up in price? always at least 10-15 cents higher. it used to be 4 cents. and why doesn't it go down when the price goes down? I find it hard to beleive it should stay at a flat rate.. surely a percentage of say 10% is ok.

On the brand topic, I use mainly bp (not much of a choice here) have used shell 98, felt like I had my handbrake on but economy was ok (probably because I didn't use the cars performance because it had none) I've used Valdez a couple of times due to no choice, performance was normal but on one occasion I got the worst fuel economy I've ever got (400km 50L 100% highway driving, normally at least 550km)
    I've also ran shell 98 in my GTi-R pulsar that was very modified, didn't go as well as it did on BP 95
    Always find bp to be consistent

Beware ethanol mixes as some are really bad on rubber and synthetic fittings, seals and connections

Specific question answered, and its been covered before

Any issues please PM me.