User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What colour to paint my brake callipers?

Thanks for all the opinoins and helpful comments guys

Rogwick managed to get me very keen to do this asap so possibly going ahead with the painting this weekend with the decals to go on along with a clearcoat on a future date.

Cheers

This weekend ...

So if we contact you, you will be unavailable lol! Just a thought, you could actually paint the 'MPS' logo on if you wish. That in-turn renders a clearcoat optional. If you don't have decals available to you atm, just print the MPS logo on a local printer on CD label paper or similar, cut it out, spray the undercoat, stick it on, spray the over coat, peel back sticker to revel desired under coat sticker and 'MPS' wording. I done this on my intake.

Although sticking a decal with be easier!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I'm starting to think you want this more than I do Rog! ::

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    I'm starting to think you want this more than I do Rog! ::
    Haha, you're probably right there mate! I've sprayed the callipers on three of my vehicles now. Nothing better than taking ones time on a sunny weekend to get it done. If all goes well this weekend, I've got a few ideas for my new grille. If I have the time, should be installed by the end of the weekend. If not, I'll just install it standard and modify it another weekend. A few of the mods I've done on my car came from original ideas. I didn't really look up how to spray callipers just sort of got stuck into it with the basics at hand. My intake was an idea in my head cause I didn't like the way it looked. Usually I dream up good ideas that look great in my head. It's replicating the idea and making it work in real like which is the challenge!

The next thing I want to do sometime is respray the callipers (same colour) possibly add a decal and also spray the hub anit-rust gloss black. Never liked the rusty look of the hub!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12