User Tag List

Thread: BOV help! PLEASE!!!

Default BOV help! PLEASE!!!

i love my cars, but im a bit daft when it comes to mods.

i have an 09 3 mps and just want a bit more sound out of it. not much. just a bit.
    i have thought about the deceptor pro BOV so i can change the volume as i dont particularly want it goin all the time.
    but any help as to what other means could help me get the "turbo" sound im looking for would be greatly appreciated.
    For example... i love the focus RS sound.... is that a bad thing to say?? haha
    Cheers guys

Oh and warranty advice to.... id rather know what im getting myself into!!

Some sort of intake is what you need. A short ram (Sri) or a cold air ( cai) either way it's all you need the blow off valve is optional..

Hey mate, if you want the typical "spool" sound, what you want is a pod filter complimented with a CAI or SRI. The induction noise of the pod gets louder as you creep up RPM. Once you release throttle, you get a kind of draw-back through the filter which sounds like a BOV to the common person anyway. I've got head turns, compliments and comments from my seemingly loud car with just the intake alone. All the BOV will give you in terms of noise is a small "tishhh" not the actual spool noise you hear on most turbocharged cars.

There is also a trick with my CAI setup, if I builld up boost (around 5-7pounds) and 'ease' of the throttle, I get a flutter noise which sounds great. It's a similar sound to the Megane vid below...

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Or you could simply install speakers externally and play in continuous loop the noise of an F4U1 Corsair in a dive, with the wonderful hair standing on the back of your neck sound of air whistling through its coolers, its 14' diameter propeller and its 2000HP P&W radial!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Hey mate, if you want the typical "spool" sound, what you want is a pod filter complimented with a CAI or SRI. The induction noise of the pod gets louder as you creep up RPM. Once you release throttle, you get a kind of draw-back through the filter which sounds like a BOV to the common person anyway. I've got head turns, compliments and comments from my seemingly loud car with just the intake alone. All the BOV will give you in terms of noise is a small "tishhh" not the actual spool noise you hear on most turbocharged cars.

There is also a trick with my CAI setup, if I builld up boost (around 5-7pounds) and 'ease' of the throttle, I get a flutter noise which sounds great. It's a similar sound to the Megane vid below...

Yeah I can't stand that sound aye. Lol. Different people, different opions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Yeah I can't stand that sound aye. Lol. Different people, different opions etc.
    Haha, fair enough. The difference is the Megane does it all the time. I have to specifically ease off the throttle from boost to replicate the noise. On usual shift I just hear the loud draw back "tshuu" noise. But I try for the flutter when I pass pedestrians cause I try too look cool I got a Turbosmart BOV fitted which can be loud but I got it blanked for the most part. All the noise comes from the intake now, which is enough for me

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I have a forged BPV and has a snez with standard air box. but the sri or cai is the way to go! off and on throttle nice

The SRi's sound great when the ambient temp is low; mine is nice and loud first thing in the am. Love it.