3 6.38%
  • Mercedes

6 12.77%
  • Other

17 36.17%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What screams "CLASS"

Post What screams "CLASS"

What car manufacturer screams class to you?

Audi BMW Mercedes Other (please specify)

And why you think that.

Is one too "snobby"?

Mercedes-Benz, S-Class, perfect reason why

Not model specifc. Name branding.

Mercedes also make a B-class, B for BUTT ugly.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

considering my options, thats all.

All depends upon model as you kinda mentioned (for merc) each has their but ugly and povo cars allowing the better off middl class to step into a prestige car.
    All in all I like the middle to top range mercs for "class" esp after my drive day ... SPORTS CAR Drive day Posted by APirate (sorry for the link to another forum but i didnt want to repost old info/threads on ozmpsclub (if wanted ill bring across)) where i had fun in 8 sports convertables covering 440km-ish.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

I selected other Troy, I did test drive a 135 BMW a few weeks ago and it felt good but I'm not into the wank factor... Still have a thing for my HSV's and australian made Hmmmm supercharged 6.2ltr V8 does it for me ..... 4 second animal for $90,000 to $110,000 Max
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

AUDI all the way!!!!!

Massurati or some Italian brand, but I'll be happy with a nice jap car!

Blog Entries

After house sitting for a friend on the "rich side of town" you soon realise how many people have certain types of cars. Over there BMWs and Mercs are like Holdens and Fords Bentley is still pure class for me.

Maserati FTW!!

Aston Martin <-- James Bond drives one... What more class do you need!

Jaguars aren't bad either.

Bugatti, Bently, Lambo's, Beemers, Audi's, Maserati etc etc.

11. Default

I voted Audi, I think every single car in the range is classy, sexy, sporty and stylish. I think some BMW's are classy but not all.

I would be a happy smiling person If I could have an Audi RS or S something sitting in my garage ... perhaps I too would then be classy

Maserati, Aston Martin any other exclusive makes, even Jaguar!!

BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi scream "Quality" but they also use them as taxi's and police cars in Germany and as 2XS mentioned A + B Class Mercs does not equal C lass

R8 v10 is very nice so i vote audi in ur list

I voted for Audis, I think they look great and go great. But I agree with the guys above, my head always turn when I see the trident of a Maserati.

Yeah I really like Audi's. But the moer exotic cars tend to go better than they look if that makes sense. Thats actually the part I like.

Audi's (R8 example) looks exactly like it goes.

I voted other. Sure, from the list there, those Brands offer come classy and very expensive sophisticated rides, however I can't help notice 'P' platers in the above mentioned Brands of vehicle as well as older 'base' model versions on the road. Hence my vote goes to Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley, Rolls Royce etc. It's these cars you don't see ever day and rare you see a P plater behind the wheel. I can easily walk down the road and spot several Audi's, Mercs and BMW's (my boss even owns a BMW lol)

Generally they're all potentially snobby, but it comes down to how much of a Wa**er the owner is!?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Maserati.
    Way more class than Ferrari. Generally not driven by spivs either, but by engineers, geologists and pilots. I had Masers here for a decade before most folks knew the trident existed. They used to peer at the badge and ask "what kind of car is that?". They've got more popular now that their production woes have been sorted.
    Aston Martin is similar.
    Porsche says spiv too.
    Bimmer and Mercs are as numerous as fleas on the road and Asians go for them for the image and cachet that says "I've arrived" (nothing against Asians BTW - my GF is Chinese). I do like the AMG 6.3 though. Bimmer assembly is not that good. Japs are better at getting panel fit right.
    My Iso had people stumped. Loads of class. But no longer made. Beautiful car.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Current "lower spec" Mercedes, Audi, and BMW are nothing but European commodores and falcons.
    I find it quite amusing that many Australians believe that these cars are "prestege" (assume because of the marketing hype)
    And we Australians constantly bag our products, yet Europeans rave about our cars.
    Since BMW have been made in south Africa I've found them very low quality, low spec ones anyway.
    Mercedes is pretty good through the range, just gutless (unless you get a high spec V8 or a diesel V6)

Of the big 3 euro cars, I pick Mercedes as the classiest, trying not to be biased as I own an oversize 1960 Mercedes. That is a classy car (see my mazdaspace)

I do agree with things like Aston Martin and maserati and bentley being classy. Rolls Royce, ferrari and lamborghini, however is too over the top to be classy.
    Need a bit of subtlety to be classy

Was tempted to vote Audi, but it's a bit difficult to see any high volume production car as classy, so I voted other. Saw a silver four door Maser today. Even though it looked out of proportion it was still classy.

That word spiv is such a cool word. I'm gonna start using it.

How about the fella with a new Lambo who boasted that his depreciation was running at $6000 per day? He’d be a spiv.

Troy doesnt ur fmic and sriand air box scream classy?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast