• Mercedes

6 12.77%
  • Other

17 36.17%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What screams "CLASS"

RS4 or S5 please

Well to me....classy would be Audi...

As BB said...it doesnt matter which model you look at from the base A3 to higher spec S6 etc they all have great styling and classy interiors.

BMW and Merc are classy when you pay over 100K for them.

Your Aston and Masers arent classy...they are exotic..

Jag...hmm owned by india....once by ford and was classy back in 1980

Ferrari porcshe lambo etc arent classy....they are expensive exotic sports car...nothing classy...all performance...some dont even have aircon or CD players.

So....my verdict...would be Audi hands down for a classy mid priced car...being family or sports orientated.

Then again....i am finding a lot of korean...yes you did hear me say it...that are emerging as *classy* these days...just the stigma they hold from their beginning that ppl still hold.

Class...is really in the eye of the beholder...and I think my mazda is classy in some respects..

But im looking at BMW 135 Ci or Audi TT as my next car.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Totally agree about the Koreans Dug. Some people can't seem to see past their rough beginnings. But I can remember when Honda's looked like four-wheel motor bikes with the bottom of a coke bottle for a rear window. Look at them now.

The Koreans are progressing in leaps and bounds and I'm impressed by their engineering talent. I'm looking forward to owning a Kia or Hyundai in the future. Can't say the same for Daewoo, their relationship with General Motors will ensure they continue to produce rubbish.

Got to be Aston Martin's

Everything about them screams class.

Automotive art

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Got to be Aston Martin's

Everything about them screams class.

Automotive art
    Have to agree . Saw a Vantage last year in Townsville - smaller than I would have thought but very classy looking.

A 6mps is the classy big brother to the 3mps isn't it
    Cheers Todd

7. Default

why yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    why yes it is
    I knew there was to be an answer to Todds answer from BB
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

9. Default

None of them. In the EU they're called normal cars, not luxury. Luxury is a 7 or 9 series BMW, etc.
    None of this $50,000 crap.

10. Default

umm Lardy Id like you to go and buy me an Audi S3 for $50K please

classy hmm? well as long as were talking unbounded...

Bugatti
    Bentley
    Rolls Royce
    Jaguar
    Maybach

.........and the list goes on ..................all the way to Mr Garrison's Transport device

BMW come on people ! Been class from the day dot !

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    BMW come on people ! Been class from the day dot !
    Well we know what you voted, it went from 1 to 2 .

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Well we know what you voted, it went from 1 to 2 .
    Of course gotta follow the heritage and brand of my next car
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

I test drove a 135sport, Hmmmmmmm I'd rather my HSV Coupe.... and i wouldn't pay $180,000 on the road for a M3 which my boss bought 2 years ago if i was to buy a BMW....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I test drove a 135sport, Hmmmmmmm I'd rather my HSV Coupe.... and i wouldn't pay $180,000 on the road for a M3 which my boss bought 2 years ago if i was to buy a BMW....
    Well thats exactly what my next sports caris should be in my garage about this time next year mmm M3 nothing but class and performance (Would NEVER own a holden) Ford all the way if any but would never knock a HSV by any means
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

you guys sell yourself short...my old boss owned a M6 BMW...now thats class and performance...

M3 has nothing on a 5.0L V10....and HSV...pppfftt they try and sell them in the UK as luxury performance sedans..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    you guys sell yourself short...my old boss owned a M6 BMW...now thats class and performance...

M3 has nothing on a 5.0L V10....and HSV...pppfftt they try and sell them in the UK as luxury performance sedans..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Bentley...
    Continental GT Speed - Dream car.

Looks great, insanely comfortable, stupidly powerfull, and ****s the environment to hell just because it can.
    So much wank, but I still love it.

M6? Possibly one of the ugliest cars yet devised. BMW have produced some awful looking stuff lately, especially with that US-market inspired raised boot lip.

Don't get me started on the galactically stupid BMW X3......a tight little, badly-performing, over-priced shit-box of a shopping trolley that merely says "I wanted an X5 but don't have the money" or "come in suckers". In any case, both are bought only for the propeller, not for any actual ability, least of all off-road. Hence the "suckers".

Porsche haven't done too bad either in the monumentally ugly stakes with their hideous Cayenne (the Cayenne 'S' says "I wanted a Turbo but don't have the money") and the dreadful Panamera which looks like a beached whale. They never learned from the lessons of the old Jaguar E-type 2+2 which was almost as bad.

In general, German cars are rarely pretty. While Gullwing doors might have some nostalgia about them but wait ands see how nostalgic you feel when two turkeys park real close to you either side in a tight set of parking bays, then try to open your doors and exit your pride and joy......
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 17-08-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast