User Tag List

Thread: CEL: P0421 (Warm Up Catalyst) - Would like to resolve this!

Default CEL: P0421 (Warm Up Catalyst) - Would like to resolve this!

CEL: P0421 (Warm Up Catalyst)

Since the weather has got colder this CEL seems to be a reoccouring feature with my Catted CP-E DP Fitted

Apparently this is more or less an indicator stating that the Catalyst is not efficient/effective/as good as(altho that is debatable) the factory Cat.

Basically the simplest means of a resolution to this CEL is purchasing a O2 Sensor Extender Sleve to remove the Secondary Sensor from the Exhaust Tract Slightly.

What I need to find out is where to find one do anyone in Aussie have them off the shelf(no one locally seems to know what they are)

I am tempted to make my own but just need the time to find out Thread Sizes and find various Fluid/Oil/Air Fittings that will allow me to make this.

I realise this is normally the solution for the Catless DP but the Highflow cat doesn't necessarily sit well with the Finiky ECU that does all the thinking for the MZR.

Does any one have Dimentions and thread sizes i could make use of to weld up my own extender rig or have any suggestions as to where i could buy a resonably inexpensive O2 Sensor Extender

Peace out you lol-cats

I thought CPE guaranteed NO CEL .....!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunno.. it would appear that PAZ04U who i bought this downpipe off experienced the same CEL once upon a time.

No Dramas tho.. its a simple fix.. was just wondering if anyone had Dimentions off hand

4. Default

Any exhaust shop can fit a bung. They are easy to fit.

Just take it down and tell then you are throwing a CEL due to the high flowing CAT and they will fit a bung to resolve the issue.

MPSG have any input on this? I've never thrown a CEL with the CP_e DP.

I think its probably more the fact i molonger garage my car

Not sure why that would matter... Explain?

Tried disconnecting the battery to reset? Do you have a DH to clarify the Data Error Code and/or reset?

The DPs made by Best Mufflers have a small elbow on the second O2 sensor (as the cat on these DPs is downstream of the second sensor), this has proven to be very effective on the Gen 1's, maybe try contacting Chris and see if he can make you an adapter of sorts to suit yours.