User Tag List

Thread: How do you remove front headlights?

Default How do you remove front headlights?

Well tonight I installed daylight LED strip lighting to the front lights.
    The LED strip tucks between the front bar and light housing and faces up in to the lights. The passenger side installed fine, the strip tucked firmly between so it wont move.
    I then installed the drivers side LED strip and that side was a lot tighter so I needed to force the strip in pretty hard to get it in properly.
    Once in place I tested it and only half the LED's worked, forcing them in had broken the strip

So I'm going to have to work out how to remove the drivers light at least enough to fit the strip then fix the light back over the top of the LED's.

So does anybody know how to remove the drivers side light? (I did try taking off the two top bolts but didnt move so there must be more to it)

This is from the Mazda 6 Workshop manual, not MPS but should be similar. Let me know if the resolution is too low I can try and resave it. I have the full pdf manual but it's about 32 meg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Make sure you post some pics when ya done...I'm keen to see how it looks

Thanks Shakespeare, Number 2... remove front bumper

Maybe better to loosen front bar so the LED strip can be laid in there....

I will post pics, the front passenger is done and looks great!!! I bought another LED strip today and rear number plate LED's
    I just installed the rear number plate ones, looks way better than the yellow glow from the standard lights

Well I'm off to break another LED strip then get really annoyed and spend the rest of the night grumpy sinking a few on the couch

Well I broke another LED light, agghhhh!!!
    Anyway I'm waiting for more LED stripes to come in to stock but I taken a shot of the one that I have got in with out breaking

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks pretty sweet..

Are they wedged between the bumper and headlight?? How have you wired them up??

Yeah between the bumper and light.... just linked in to the parkers. I have broken 2 other strips trying to do the other side..... ggrrrrrrrr lol

These things happen..Will look sweet when ya get it all setup..I'm lookin to do somethin siilar this weekend

I think Im going to either drop the bumper down or move the strip to the front of the lights only and not bend around to the top...

New lights in tomorrow hopefully I can get it right

Is the PDF to remove mazda 6 headlight the same for 07 MPS 3?

I'm looking to do the same thing with LED's running inside my headlight unit.

About to install DRL in place of my fogs with custom mesh surrounds anyone tried removing the foglights before???

Quote Originally Posted by KLEEMO View Post
    About to install DRL in place of my fogs with custom mesh surrounds anyone tried removing the foglights before???
    They generally bolt onto the front bar.

Yeah had a look and werid bolt or threaded hex bolt on there!!!

Looks like its a job for the angle grinder!!! haha