User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 Diff mounts & Engine mount

Default MPS6 Diff mounts & Engine mount

I have recently noticed slight vibration when accelerating and a general feeling of not having a solid driveline.

When I put my car up on a hoist i noticed there is a fair bit of movement in the diff as the bushes are worn.

I also noticed that the rear engine mount (the mount at the bottom of the car) bush is also worn.

I want simply change these bushes but would like to know whether its a bad idea and if i should replace both diff mounts and the engine mount for aftermarket mounts.

I really hate vibrations and movement in the driveline so i dont mind spending the money if i need too but i am also concerned that if i do change the entire mounts that there will be vibrations due to the mounts being too solid.

Also if simply replacing the bushes is fine would the CP-e bushes fit in the OEM mounts?

Any advice would be appreciated, i want to get this fixed.

Plenty of useful information here

Hi Mate. Dont know to much about the diff mounts but i have a CP-E rear engine mount. Makes the shifts seem a bit smoother and the all round feel is better.

I believe shakespeare has replaced the stock diff mount and seemed to be pleased with the results. maybe send him a PM if you dont get much more info here

Hi Rob,

Try this thread here, this covers what I went through with the mounts.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...al-mounts.html

The bushes are the problem with the stock mount, they have to much flex in them which can cause vibrations on some MPS6's not all You can also get Turbine Tech bushes which I have read solved a lot of problems in the US. Link below:

Turbinetech

I have a set of stock rear and forward mounts lying around, as when I sell the car I won't be removing the new mounts.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6