User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boost Guage into MPS 6 Air vent

Default Boost Guage into MPS 6 Air vent

Hi All,

I have searched the forum and found nothing about people installing a boost gauge into the vent of an MPS 6. This is my first preference, second is smack bang in the middle of the steering wheel column, but I would rather not drill holes if I don't have to.

As most would know the MPS 6 has 3 vents in the centre, I want to utilise the centre one with a Pro-Sport gauge. The vent opening in about 70mm and would therefore need a 60mm gauge. Correct me if I am wrong, but the 60mm measurement is the gauge face not the whole unit.

Has anyone attempted this before and can the vent removed without breaking bits, ie so it can be returned to stock should I go down that path at all.

Also if someone has the outside diameter of a Prosport 60mm gauge that would be great.

Cheers

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    You're a god.

Thankyou very much.

No worries....Its great being part of this forum, there's always someone to help out in some way

I just done this today

It has taken 5 hours but I was in no rush!

I used a SAAS Boost gauge as I really think it suits the look of the car, close to a stock look

I went with the middle vent as I wanted it to be a feature of the dash

I did have to modify the inside of the vent with a small grinding tool to fit such a large gauge but I think it looks so much better having it close to the same size as the vent

View Gauge My Video Here
    Last edited by MZSPD6; 07-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.

very nicely done!

Hawt

That is awesome. Jealous of round vents.

9. Default

you did a great job

I'm finding it hard to drive with out constantly looking at it lol

Glad you all think it looks good too

Excellent work mate

Nice job.

I ordered my boost gauge on the 9th August from MPS Garage and still don't have. They were waiting for them to come in from OS but didn't let me know. Was emailed to advised it was despatched yesterday so I will probably be doing mine on the weekend.

Did you use the DIY or just go for it blind. What was the best way to pull the dash apart

Todd I used the DIY you wrote about

The dash and vents are very easy, wiring is easy, getting through the firewall really hard (had to remove the battery and get the drill out )

Happy to give you some pointers Saturday morning if you like

Quote Originally Posted by mps05 View Post
    Nice job.

I ordered my boost gauge on the 9th August from MPS Garage and still don't have. They were waiting for them to come in from OS but didn't let me know. Was emailed to advised it was despatched yesterday so I will probably be doing mine on the weekend.

Did you use the DIY or just go for it blind. What was the best way to pull the dash apart
    I ordered the Prosport Premium Boost Gauge 52mm from MPS Garage on August 16th and received it 23rd of August, hope yours arrives in time for the weekend.

Looks great, well done!

That's a really nice install mate. Almost looks factory

Thanks again

Im going to change the wiring so the back light comes on when I turn on the car rather than with the lights. Gauge will look better being lit like the factory cluster, will be doing as soon as my new leather shifter and hand brake boot comes in from the UK next week

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    I ordered the Prosport Premium Boost Gauge 52mm from MPS Garage on August 16th and received it 23rd of August, hope yours arrives in time for the weekend.
    They gave me the tracking number earlier in the week and it is not scanning, overcharged my credit card and still charging me freight for the poor communication and 1 month turn around. Ok they needed to wait for more stock to arrive but I was only told this when I asked where it was.

Even a week is a long time. I work for a freight company and it is 2 days tops to anywhere in Australia but NT and WA from Sydney.

But yes, I hope it arrives before the weekend too. Another crappy weekend so I have nothing to do but play with my car or sit on the couch.

Woohoo, did mine tonight.

Started about 7:30 and just finished.

Prosport 62mm gauge - excellent match to the MPS 6 interior

Looks as good as mine

Not too hard is it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast