User Tag List

Thread: Corksport Rear Engine Mount Inserts

Default Corksport Rear Engine Mount Inserts

Hi folks,

Just thought I would chuck in my personal impressions on the Corksport inserts I fitted today.

First Impressions:

When I had a look at them thought, well not much to this lol.

Fitment was perfect. These inserts are an exact fit into the mount, and the mount went back into its cubby hole without any swearing or blood spilt, I was feeling positive already.

On first fire up I noticed some slight vibes and a little extra engine noise transferring into the cabin, not a great deal, but it was there.

As the car warmed up all but the tiniest amount of vibes disappeared.

With nothing suddenly falling out of the car, I decided to take it for a spin, and see how the inserts were in normal driving conditions.

Initial take off brought up some more pronounced vibes, which settled as you got rolling.

There was still some extra engine noise filtering into the cabin through the mount, but it was not invasive, and considering you can barely hear the engine normally, was quite welcome.

Having seen what it behaved like with daily driving it was time to give it some stick.

My mistake was giving it stick in second gear lol.

As most of us know, hitting boost in second will normally lift the nose a bit, in the case of the 3, you will get some torque steer, and off you go.

Ummm...not anymore lol.

Nose lift was absent, so was the normal torque steer for the most part, however a sudden lose of traction became the new standard, as both front tyres lit up in a most satisfactory way, followed by the car taking off like a cat with a fistfull of chillies up its bum.

Engine noise was more noticeable when giving it the beans, but it sounded good.

Vibes were also minimal, but honestly at the time, I didnt give two figs lol.

I will post further impressions when the inserts break in a bit.

The Good:

The Corksport insert is much much better than the CPE mount from both a price perspective, and NVH transferal into the cabin.

Cheap way to suddenly be able to hear what your engine is doing.

Quick and easy fitment.

Power delivery is much more linear than stock, with less nose lift, and much less torque steer.

The Bad:

Still transfers NVH into the cabin.

Does not hold the engine as level as the CPE mount.

Im going to shred my tyres lol.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I not have felt the cpe engine mount. i love these since i fitted. a must i think for everyone

I fitted a CP-E mount the other day. I have two rear tyres on the back, and smoke wrapped around my front rims. (my front tyres just don't know they're toast yet...)
    I have no torque steer either, no wheel skip, just wheelspin... Must get some traction soon...
    Awesome write up, Red. Keep up the great work...

Littleredmps after having both corksport and cpe what out of 10 would u give them?

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Littleredmps after having both corksport and cpe what out of 10 would u give them?
    Hmmm tough call. I judge on comfort vs performance

CPE 7/10

Corksport insert 8/10
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Must admit the inserts are great!!! but like you I was a little bit worried when the packet came.. Cheap and easy! it does break in a little. still vibes off idle though and wheelspin has become a real concern for me now.. still worth the small price.
    Last edited by TUFMPS; 07-08-2010 at 10:03 PM.

I got mine in the mail last week, and if i could've found my 19mm socket -- I would have had them installed today.
    So instead I took my centre console apart to install my James Barole Racing Solid Shifter Bushings. Pretty simple install..

I am now looking even more forward to getting these inserts fitted!

Installed mine today.

Big difference with only very slight vibrations. Mainly noticeable when aircon comes on, or taking off. Should be almost unnoticeable once they wear in.

As for how they perform.. no more axle tramp. Goodbye front tyres! haha