User Tag List

Thread: Bought MPS 6

1. Default Bought MPS 6

Hi
    yesterday i bought a mazda 6 mps 2007 grey titanium
    car has 45k km (28k miles)
    ill get the car in 2 weeks,it gotta be painted because has few scratches,new tyres,new brake pads,new clutch,new turbo
    bought it on mazda (service car),they offer me 2 year factory warranty
    about fuel consumption i drove the car for about 100 km (60 miles) and did 9.7 lts/100km ( 2.5 galons for 60 miles)
    when i have the car ill post decent pics
    got a question here , should i buy this ? Turbine Tech Rear Differential Brace Bushings
    heres one pic :

I like this colour my old boss had the 2007 MPS6 in Titanium Grey and I had the Mazda Bravo ute in the same colour , Can't answer your last question but have fun with your new car when you get it....

3. Default

I cant answer your question either but congrats on the purchase, you will get years and years of smiling out of it
    Last edited by blackbetty; 07-08-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Congratulations on becoming a 6MPS owner. You're very fortunate to have the clutch and turbo taken care of and you should be able to have a lot of confidence in the car.

The TT rear diff bushes will reduce movement and provide some reassurance, but if you're going to the trouble and expense of taking out the diff mount, it would make more sense to install the TT front diff mount and also the SU or CPe upper diff mount at the same time. However if you don't intend to launch the car often (i.e. drop the clutch at or above 4000rpm) diff mount mods aren't entirely necessary until the car gets older.

Speaking of launching the car; make sure you turn off the DSC before attempting any serious standing start acceleration. With or without stronger mounts, the traction control has been responsible for breaking hundreds of left rear axles on these cars.

Gone to Volvo

Congrats mate, I've got both the CP-e rear diff mount and Turbine Tech forward mount, worked a treat for me, as I broke a mount, sheared bolts and had horrible vibration issues, now it's sweet as

Link here

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...al-mounts.html

I have recently noticed a minor vibration under light acceleration and the car/driveline not feeling as solid as it used to.

I put it up on a hoist to take a look and i noticed both the diff mount bushes are worn and the engine mount bush is worn.

Would i be wasting money to buy both new diff mounts and a new cp-e engine mount?

I was thinking of just replacing the bushes allround and possibly the bolts.

Will the acheive a positive result or are the actual mounts no good?

Do CP-e bushes work in the OEM engine mount and are the front and rear diff mount bushes the same? i didnt notice anyone selling front diff mount bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I have recently noticed a minor vibration under light acceleration and the car/driveline not feeling as solid as it used to.

I put it up on a hoist to take a look and i noticed both the diff mount bushes are worn and the engine mount bush is worn.

Would i be wasting money to buy both new diff mounts and a new cp-e engine mount?

I was thinking of just replacing the bushes allround and possibly the bolts.

Will the acheive a positive result or are the actual mounts no good?

Do CP-e bushes work in the OEM engine mount and are the front and rear diff mount bushes the same? i didnt notice anyone selling front diff mount bushes.
    The expense is up to you mate but if you do want to add more power to the driveline I'd recommend looking at new mounts or bushes if you think it feels a bit loose. FYI Turbine tech do the bushes only for the rear mount, they also do a forward engine mount which is an additional mount to what is already there, this apparently adds a whole new dimension of stiffness to your driveline, theres quite a bit of info on MSF

Turbinetech
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6