User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobb sri ?

Default Cobb sri ?

Is anybody running one (COBB SRI) on a MPS?

If so any thoughts?

I quite like the look of it as a kit but just looking for any personal experiences?

no personal experience (yet) but this is the intake along with the Cobb TIP I will be getting in the future. Any intake will pretty much do the same job, but I prefer SRI over CAI.

I researched on the mazda24/7 forums and they all seem to give positive thoughts, no fitment and CEL issues

I read up on them alot when I was looking to purchase a SRI.

Apparently they are prone to breaking the battery tray where they mount.

Might not be an issue if you have aftermarket engine mounts?

yeah i have seen that they are popular in the States

I have been looking for a SRI for a long time & finally bit the bullet & bought a CPE nano SRI fron The RPM Store. Only took 1 week to arrive and will be installing it over the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.....

i cant beleve you are waiting till the weekend...

i would be falling over myself to get that sucker in...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

having said that i do understand how hetic life can be.. id probably have to wait till i had time free to do it right...

7. Default

As I PM'd you.

If it will be your only mod it is worth it. It did no damage to my battery tray. It improved my fuel economy. Performance improved for a week or two but then went almost back to stock.

Do not waste money on a TIP they have not been proven to actually reduce spool up time or to be of any real benifit. If you want to spend more money on the intake side get a second hand TMIC, spring for a new TMIC or even a FMIC. In my opinion and research I am yet to find anyone that has found the TIP to be a real improvement.

I wouldnt say a TIP is there for peak power levels, esp for a stock turbo. However it could possibly help with throttle reponse as the air comes in smoother. My philosophy on modding cars is all about transient response than peak figures. Not too sure if anyone has seen the mines R34 GTR, but that thing is a beast due to how responsive it is

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    I wouldnt say a TIP is there for peak power levels, esp for a stock turbo. However it could possibly help with throttle reponse as the air comes in smoother. My philosophy on modding cars is all about transient response than peak figures. Not too sure if anyone has seen the mines R34 GTR, but that thing is a beast due to how responsive it is

Agreed! mines gtr is a very responsive car. the intake pipe on a larger turbo will diff help air intake and spool time. i have a garrett 2860 internals in my k04, it did bring spool on sooner.as lup15 said not all about power hp fiqures where the power comes on and off is double important

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

also when i changed to to the cpe inatke pipe wth a cai u could hear the diff
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    i cant beleve you are waiting till the weekend...

i would be falling over myself to get that sucker in...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

having said that i do understand how hetic life can be.. id probably have to wait till i had time free to do it right...
    Yeah I know, though I do have to keep it on the low..... If yo uknow what I mean.
    otherwise there'll be fireworks for a month

be hard to keep on the down low once she hears the shshhhhhhhhhh pttthsshsshshhhhh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    be hard to keep on the down low once she hears the shshhhhhhhhhh pttthsshsshshhhhh !!!
    Well I might be able to explain my way out.......Or Not

Definately won't have a chance if she gets me in the act of installation.... Them I'm really F*&%$D!

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Should be interesting though. As I have 2XS's old TBE fitted already & car really goes well except I noticed that my mileage has gone from around 480km/tank to 400/tank. The old BP's really like me I'll definately give you guys an updated after install.......

Bwahahahahahahaha....

That is gold. I'm in the same boat. if the wife spies me tampering under the bonnet then there will be explaining to do...

Then the shit hits the fan....

Hey guys,

I installed the CP-e excel nano and it is definately a very nice piece of equipment with everything fitting as it should. The induction noise is great, however I really don't think it has given me an enormous amount of extra power, not that I was expecting it. I disconnected the negative terminal of the battery as per instructions and no CEL's whatsoever.

BUT, I have lost the auto up & down on the drivers side window, anyone know if it can be fixed????? and how..

I haven't tried to disconnect the battery terminal agin though I probably should.......

Cheers

Put the window all the way down and continue holding the button down for 5 seconds, then put the window all the way up and hold it there for 5 seconds.

Right,

Thanks

I haven't tried that. Is that a standard proceedure after disconnecting the battery?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

All good now

thanks BOOST

No probs mate.

Just a quick one you might know about,

I might be loosing it, but it seems the dash lights are much dimmer in the day when I put the lights on? I have tried to adjust the dimmer but it makes little difference.

Does disconnecting the battery affect the dash lights ?

not that I know of mate

should not alter anything like that...

I assume you have pressed the dim/bright button on the top left between the rpm and speedo?

Hi Doc,

Nah,

I don't think I have. I'll check it out and see what happens.......

Thanks for the tip ........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast