User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobb sri ?

If your lights dim down when you put your lights on you can scroll up on the light dimmer on the lower L/H side of the steering wheel and scroll up till it clicks like a switch

2. Default filter

this is the one i got from corksportClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0103 - cobb.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	5392

3. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0128.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	5393

is that a corksport unit or a cobb?

Default Cobb & Amsoil Filter Combo

I went with the Cobb and have been extremely happy with it, l decided not to use the Cobb filter and got hold of an Amsoil Ea filter (Part # EaAU4560) it's much larger with an open front but more importantly it's a dry style filter so no potential issues with the MAF sensor from over oiling. It cost a bit but was well worth every cent and l would have no hesitations in recommending the Cobb and Amsoil filter combination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter 2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	7542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter 1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	7543  

That looks great. the filter is huge!

I have orderd the CorkSport SRI as it also comes with the TIP but ive been waiting since mid december for it to arrive... sucks... but im glad you have got yours all sorted.
    How does it sound? and has it made an impact to your perceved proformance and fuel consumption?

Also where did you get that Amsoil filter from and how much ws it?

Looks great!!!

Need to replace my accordian bit from TIP as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    That looks great. the filter is huge!

I have orderd the CorkSport SRI as it also comes with the TIP but ive been waiting since mid december for it to arrive... sucks... but im glad you have got yours all sorted.
    How does it sound? and has it made an impact to your perceved proformance and fuel consumption?

Also where did you get that Amsoil filter from and how much ws it?
    Are you waiting on your Australian supplier?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

The Amsoil filter is HUGE but fits in very nicely and the sound is extremely cool, can't compare to the Cobb filter supplied with the SRI as l never installed it but massive difference in sound compared to stock setup.
    l purchased the Amsoil filter through 'Lubrication Management P/L' in Dandenong VIC ph: (03) 9794 0700, they had to order it from the US as Amsoil US would not ship to customers overseas. Anne from Lubrication Management was extremely helpful, l can't remember what l paid for it now but it wasn't cheap.
    I don't get to drive my MPS all that much so l couldn't really comment on the fuel consumption however l believe the Cobb SRI has made it much more responsive off the throttle. The link below has a bit of a review on the Amsoil filter with some good pictures.
    http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123726397-Review-Amsoil-Ea-filter-w-pics

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Are you waiting on your Australian supplier?
    Yeah... and I’m not sure what the hold up is, there has been Christmas, bad weather and shipping issues but it has been 9 weeks since I ordered & payed for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12