User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cpe dump/down pipe

Default cpe dump/down pipe

hey im in the process of buying a DP from mps garage.. is this a worthy mod to do while keeping the factory cat back? CEL still a problem with these? doc did you find a fix? cheers

Hey dessa, you obviously searched through and found the Best Mufflers thread. It's the best mod I've done. Mid range torque for me was the best improvement. I got about 10kw's improvement with no other mod to the car. I left the stock system from cat back.

Have you looked at the CES DP's?they have a dual outlet at the bell housing. It's all to do with turbulence. Which ever way you go it will be awesome.

yeah atm cpe is only 995 ,only problem im facing atm is my warranty my dealer and mazda australia say no to mods..

Stick with CP_e. It's very neat and tidy and quick to fit. Getting the old one out is the headache. Forget the dual outlet types. I doubt you'd notice any difference between them. It takes up more room and is more fiddly to fit and get the nuts back on. Best instant power mod you can do. Search the other threads on this - it's all been said before.

Quote Originally Posted by desssa View Post
    CEL still a problem with these? doc did you find a fix? cheers
    The Best Muffler one is currently under testing with great results so far,

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

only problem im facing atm is my warranty my dealer and mazda australia say no to mods..
    Shouldnt be a prob for warranty....
    My car has a DP and Ive had my car go in 3 times for warranty work and its never been mentioned to me.
    Id be far more concerned having an SRI on the car with warranty stuff....

? why would mazda care? i've never heard anyone really having problems.. just go to a different dealer

At the All Star Performace Dyno day we had the Grand Prix Mazda guys there. They said as far as warranty goes if the part you fitted directly affects something associated with it then Mazda could have reason to not repair/replace it. These guys are quite mod friendly as they have a motor sport division. So it seems very dealer specific. I don't plan on going back to Mazda for servicing, but to All Star Performance. They're comparable in price ($250 for a 20k). They service and tune the Grand Prix race cars as well. So they know MPS's!

8. Default Dp question

HI i was just wondering if anyone got a tune when they installed there dp, cause every where im going said there is no way to run the car safety with a dp just for the fact that it will be running way to lean.

Has anyone experienced leaning??
    Or Boost creep
    Last edited by sheep584; 07-08-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Rubbish! Install it and run it. I didn't get any leaning, "boost creep", DTC's or CEL's from the time I turned the key after installing mine. It works a treat. Plainly a tune will help when you get to your next service. If there ever was any "boost creep", on a stock car at ~13-15psi boost. I wouldn't stress over it anyway, although I'm not even sure what is being referred to. Some folks find all sorts of problems just for the sake of sounding techy I think.

However, some say to be aware of smoke if the DP install causes a pressure imbalance on your turbo seals, thus causing spindle lube oil to bypass the seals. I don't have that issue but I have more pressure on the other side of the seals too, so I can't speak with authority on a DP only installation. Others may take exception or differ with me on this, so keep reading.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

For me the only thing is really the smoke

it only happens after a quick blast so if I pass someone then pull up at the lights I look like a real dickhead.

Still it's a great mod. do it and you'll agree.

its on its way

its on its way
    Sweet! Can you put up some photos of the unit before you install it?

let me know when your getting it installed, i want to drop down and get a price on finishing my exhaust off

what's there left to do?

ive got Corksport dump and cat back so need to change the mid or get the stock one sealed up properly as I've got a leak

pics attached..dont know when i will get the time to organise fitting yet.

Attachment 5195Attachment 5196Attachment 5197

ive got the tools if you fit it yourself

nice.. all i think i would need is the oxy sensor tool they list? cheers kane

Nice piece!

nice.. all i think i would need is the oxy sensor tool they list? cheers kane
    yeap i picked one up from Bursons on old geelong rd so shout out when you need it or need a hand - may want to borrow your stock mid pipe to show Blitz and get something done for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast