User Tag List

Thread: Anyone put LED Number Plate lights on the Gen1 MPS

Default Anyone put LED Number Plate lights on the Gen1 MPS

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone has installed LED lights for the number plate on their Gen1 MPS.

And if so, what at the fitting sizes for it??

Cheers

Andrew

You need a wedge style bulb, a t10 if memory serves me correctly, make sure you get a globe that has side firing leds as the single forward directional bulbs have too narrow a beam, and will only serve to light up the road under your bumper, and most likely see you defected.

I have these in mine (the second ones down, the 360º ones), really good buying from these guys too, one of mine was faulty and a replacement was sent with no questions asked.

Automotive & Marine dashboard LED Replacement Bulbs
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks mate.

What colour did you get? white?

MAZDA 3 5 6 CAR LED NUMBER PLATE BULBS - eBay Lighting Customisation, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 08-Aug-10 07:02:12 AEST)

was looking at these??

Are they hard to install??

how bright are yours??

Have to get white, or its very illegal... Just go with the ones I linked to, theyre bright enough (ill try and grab you a pic at some stage), and are very reasonably priced, if you look at the pic of the ebay linked ones they appear to be very directional, i.e forward facing, this would not adequately illuminate the plate.

Installation is pretty easy, no tools required, just unclip the covers, plug them in and turn your lights on, if they dont work turn them around in the fittings (as leds are polarity sensitive), oh and dont plug them in with the lights on, the bulbs circuits can be a but sensitive to spikes.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks mate, i appreciate it.

Pics would be great, see how it looks like

i was looking at this as well MAZDA SPEED 3 LED Number License Plate Light XENON - eBay Bulbs Lenses, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 15-Aug-10 17:32:44 AEST)

But ill take ur word for it
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

He mate,

Got the LEDs this afternoon, installed it, easy as.

Looks great

Good to hear, which ones did you end up going with, I tried to grab some pics on my phone the other night, but they didnt work out very well.