User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OBD2 Port Readers

Found another alternative tonight while looking around for OBDII scanners.

It's exxy, but it's one of the best and neatest I've seen..... looks like it'd fit nicely into Gen I gauge pods too

PLX DM-200 OLED Custom MultiGauge PLX Devices in AUSTRALIA

Overview

Unit installed in an RX8
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

found another good looking alternative (i'm all for style :P) called Edge Insight CS (colour screen) first pic or CTS (colour touch screen)

very similar to the dashhawk, however not sure on the PID that would be available for the MPS. Might look into this one further.

Edge Products| Categories

edit: damnit, it doesn't data log nor does it read knock and wideband a/r. all the important things lol. hopefully they will develop it more

Last edited by lup15; 28-10-2010 at 10:26 PM.

To those who have the DashDaq, can you please advise what parameters you used to show boost in PSI?

Checked out mazdaspeedforums and mazda3revolution, tried their suggestions but none of them work!

ok, so I lashed out on this last night...$20

BLUETOOTH OBD2 OBD-2-II SCAN CODE CAN tool Reader F54 (eBay item 270672451655 end time 28-Jun-11 19:31:09 AEST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

A) I'm hoping it will work with DASH COMMAND.
    B) I'm hoping DASH COMMAND will log fuel pressure and AFR's.

I haven't bought DASH COMMAND yet. I'll download another free app and see if the bluetooth OBDII thingy works.

I'm going to nerd up and buy a Ipad dash mount when I'm on a cruise and see what the beast is up too...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad-mount.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	8812

My Garmin is being migrated to the X-TRail. It works find now, but doesn't do what I want it to do!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I've seen those iPad dash mounts. Look terrific. They have an option to fit the MPS?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

http://www.holdmyphone.com.au/select...Models=3-10_11

So here's are system that fits a Mazda 3. After researching a bit on EBay, it's mostly suction caps with arms of the windscreen. Not for me.

Now just waiting for my OBD adapter...

Ah ok. I thought you were going with the Scosche mount, which is the one pictured in your first post. Was curious because that one has connectors on it which provide power to the iPad and an audio connector

Blog Entries

I'd be interested in getting together with some brisbane owners and OBD users to see if we can get a usable set of the mazda PID array for people with software for which there is no proprietary mazda plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Ah ok. I thought you were going with the Scosche mount, which is the one pictured in your first post. Was curious because that one has connectors on it which provide power to the iPad and an audio connector

I saw the Scoche vid a while back. It's awesome, but does require removal if the HU. No funding for that right now.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

It's also a fairly bold move to make your iPad responsible for all audio in the car. I don't know if I'm quite ready to take that step in my relationship with it

11. Default

i'm thinking of getting a mount from proclip or holdmyphone (depends what works out being cheaper) on the a-pillar for my iphone, and then running this cable up from the obd2 port and through the gap between door and dash.

The cable is cheaper then wifi units, and also acts as a charger, which i imagine would be handy. Because if your running wifi, with the screen on the whole time so you can see the gauges, bluetooth for tunes, and gps features for tracking lap times etc you'll chew through the battery in no time and have to have a power lead plugged in anyway. Also, you would think the cable would have a better response time and potential reduce any lag that might occur?

thoughts?

Got the Kiwi bluetooth ODBII connector.. Far FAR better than the normal ebay ones. faster too!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyidiot39 View Post
    i'm thinking of getting a mount from proclip or holdmyphone (depends what works out being cheaper) on the a-pillar for my iphone, and then running this cable up from the obd2 port and through the gap between door and dash.

The cable is cheaper then wifi units, and also acts as a charger, which i imagine would be handy. Because if your running wifi, with the screen on the whole time so you can see the gauges, bluetooth for tunes, and gps features for tracking lap times etc you'll chew through the battery in no time and have to have a power lead plugged in anyway. Also, you would think the cable would have a better response time and potential reduce any lag that might occur?

thoughts?
    No idea mate. As mention I'm saving up for the PLX Wifi version which I'll use with the IPad. I have a Charger (same for iPhone) so power show be sweet. By all reports wifi is faster than Bluetooth.

Go for it mate. Let us know
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Just been through all this testing with a bunch of devices both PC and iPhone based...at my expense...oh well..you learn the hard way

Summary - iPhone/iPad had crippled bluetooth as previously mentioned, so DashCommand and Rev won't work on idevices via bluetooth, even if the idevice is jailbroken. It will only with with a Wifi based reader like the Kiwi Wifi or similar. Those ELM327 bluetooth al-cheapo devices on Ebay work well (a bit slow) on Android devices or a laptop.

Laptop's are great for running full blown software like ScanXL etc...but lugging it around in a car wasn't my idea of fun

I've ended up going for a dash mount reader (which is on order) like this - Scan Tool - Performance Meter, Data Logger, Scanner | DashDyno SPD so I can read in car settings and then dump to a laptop. It has Gen2 support with enhanced OBD2 Mazda parameters.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

15. Default

I've ended up purchasing one of these as a mount
    http://Www.exogear.com/products-exom...nt-holder.html

Once I get it I'll figure out the best mounting spot then decide on the obd2 hardware.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123