User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OBD2 Port Readers

Blog Entries

Again, to me that sounds like a micro computer solution. Output via composite, seperated or whatever you can provide to the monitor.
    Software = windows + dashcommand, any compatible OBD interface. How big an in-dash?
    I use dashcommand with a 7" touchscreen mounted in OEM mazda retractible screen enclosure.

The iphone has an app called Dashcommand, its quite similar to dash hawk in many ways.

Blog Entries

i think dashcommand is available for a variety of OS.
    I like the dashXL layout - there are some very flash dashboards available - I've just customized the latest default.
    I have as default layout
    +/-G, RT Power, RT Torque, RPM / Speedo with Open/close loop indicator, throttle plate and accel pedal positions, vac/boost, lambda/AFR, coolant temp, IAT + BAT, Volumetric efficiency, timing and knock retard. And that's just the usual instrumentation panel. Then there's the fillup panel which monitors fuel consumption and adjusts the power/torque calculations according to the weight of fuel in the tank, and several other screens - shift indicator etc....
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

I like the look of this
    http://gopointtech.com/blog/products/
    if you have an iphone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    I like the look of this
    http://gopointtech.com/blog/products/
    if you have an iphone anyway.
    I like it too. I'm having trouble with my Garmin Ecoroute HD. Need to take it back. Good find mate!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Im considering getting one.
    For what its worth itd be good for clearing and reading CELs.

Cton Im not sure the Ecoroute would be worth your money if all you want to do is read and clear cels. Something like a $20 USB cable from ebay would do that for 1/10th the cost. Of course if you don't have access to a laptop with windows on it then it may not be the best option for you. Yeldarb what kind of troubles? Defective item or just not all that good?

Hehe just noticed the car used in the Fuzzyluke software on that gopointtech page.

Yeah, got no laptop.
    So at around $150 by the time I got it it sounds like the cheapest way...
    Plus I always have my phone on me. Just leave the cable in the car and away you go. Nice and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    Cton Im not sure the Ecoroute would be worth your money if all you want to do is read and clear cels. Something like a $20 USB cable from ebay would do that for 1/10th the cost. Of course if you don't have access to a laptop with windows on it then it may not be the best option for you. Yeldarb what kind of troubles? Defective item or just not all that good?

Hehe just noticed the car used in the Fuzzyluke software on that gopointtech page.
    The Nuvi can't detect the Hd Ecotoute. Just stopped working.

It's a great solution if you already have a Nuvi it are in the market for a GPS.

But for in depth diagnostics I wouldn't go there. It does read and clear codes which is why went for it and not a dashhawk.

So many bloody options!!!!!!! But I'm still leaning towards an iphone attachment though.
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 01-09-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Yeah that gopointech thing looks pretty awesome.. I think I am going to get one.

Yeah, got no laptop.
    So at around $150 by the time I got it it sounds like the cheapest way...
    Plus I always have my phone on me. Just leave the cable in the car and away you go. Nice and simple.
    What kind of phone? If its an android just get a generic bluetooth module off of Ebay for like $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    What kind of phone? If its an android just get a generic bluetooth module off of Ebay for like $50.
    iphone.....

iphone.....
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    What's so damn funny?

CTON, have you got it set up yet?

I'd like to log temps coming into summer.

Nah, I havent ordered yet. But im getting very itchy to.

Are there any solutions available for Windows based Mobiles. i have a HTC HD2

found another reader, DashDAQ from Drew Technologies

looks pretty good, but is an expensive alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    found another reader, DashDAQ from Drew Technologies

looks pretty good, but is an expensive alternative.
    A few Gen 2 guys in the US use them, pretty expensive like you said though.

19. Default

guys could someone reccomend a scanner for a 2004 mazda 6? and where i could buy it from plzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    guys could someone reccomend a scanner for a 2004 mazda 6? and where i could buy it from plzzzzz
    Dude, 2 pages of stuff here should have helped you. What have you found?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast