User Tag List

Thread: July 2010 Sales Results - Top Ten, Mazda and Performance Model Breakdown

Post July 2010 Sales Results - Top Ten, Mazda and Performance Model Breakdown

Top Ten Sales By Marque (Marque - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales)

1. Toyota - 17,250 - 124,720
    2. Holden - 10,648 - 79,305
    3. Ford - 7,375 - 56,571
    4. Mazda - 7,374 - 50,245
    5. Hyundai - 6,531 - 48,902
    6. Nissan - 4,646 - 37,476
    7. Mitsubishi - 5,029 - 37,401
    8. Honda - 3,150 - 25,355
    9. Subaru - 3,253 - 24,362
    10. Volkswagen - 2,922 - 22,228

Total Market - 82,376 - 613,544

Top Ten Sales by Model (Marque/Model - Monthly Sales)

1. Holden Commodore - 3,783
    2. Mazda Mazda3 - 3,464
    3. Toyota Corolla - 3,375
    4. Toyota Hilux - 3,106
    5. Ford Falcon - 2,342
    6. Hyundai i30 - 2,333
    7. Holden Cruze - 2,179
    8. Mitsubishi Lancer - 2,177
    9. Toyota Camry - 2,095
    10. Toyota Yaris - 1,697

Mazda Model Breakdown (Model - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales)

Mazda2 - 1,305 - 8,198
    Mazda3 - 3,406 - 22,883
    Mazda3 MPS - 58 - 416
    Mazda6 - 634 - 4,875
    MX-5 - 36 - 277
    RX-8 - 18 - 156
    CX-7 - 764 - 5,595
    CX-9 - 370 - 2,617
    BT-50 4X2 - 431 - 2,549
    BT-50 4X4 - 352 - 2,679

Performance Model Breakdown (Marque - Model - Monthly Sales - YTD Sales)

1. Volkswagen - Golf GTI - 221 - 2,330
    2. Subaru - Impreza WRX - 4 - 993
    3. Ford - Focus XR5 - 116 - 983
    4. Mazda - Mazda3 MPS - 58 - 416
    5. Mitsubishi - Lancer Ralliart - 23 - 243
    6. Honda - Civic Type R - 17 - 107

1. Volkswagen - Golf R/R32 - 71 - 205
    2. Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution - 21 - 169
    3. Subaru - Impreza WRX STI - 2 - 80

Source: VFACTS
    Last edited by Mazda Guru; 05-08-2010 at 02:15 PM.

The numbers look good for Mazda for the most part.

I do wonder is mazda just a little annoyed they did not sell just 2 more cars?

So close to taking third for the month just missed it.

Very much a shame 2 more weren't sold. Be nice to knock Ford off their perch.

That said, its quite impressive to see the amount of 3's getting about.

I'm surprised to see how many Mazda3's vs Mazda6's are being sold!

Performance Model Breakdown has been added to my first post

I feel that a lot of people still don't know the MPS 3's are out there, who would want less power and pay for 6 cyl rego on a ford needs their head read....

6. Default

4 WRX's and 2 Stis .... woohoo they are flying out the door must be the good looks

I thought Guru might have missed typed that but if the year to date in June and the year to date in July is correct.

It is 4 WRX's for the month. What a great effort there from Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    I thought Guru might have missed typed that but if the year to date in June and the year to date in July is correct.

It is 4 WRX's for the month. What a great effort there from Subaru
    According to the following Subaru Press releases, a new wide body WRX is due in September this year so I can only imagine the current WRX is in runout and that they may have in fact run out of stock.

http://www.subaru.com.au/about-subar...d-in-new-york/

http://www.subaru.com.au/about-subar...rd-for-subaru/
    Last edited by Mazda Guru; 06-08-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Any chance of another colour breakdown oh Mazda Guru?

I forgot to pester you in June

Colour break down Leelu there will be a new colour coming soon............. Did I say that might leave the typing in white instead of red for this post
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    4 WRX's and 2 Stis .... woohoo they are flying out the door must be the good looks

You missed the YTD sales figures Mel

They have sold more than twice compared to Mazda's new MPS

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I feel that a lot of people still don't know the MPS 3's are out there, who would want less power and pay for 6 cyl rego on a ford needs their head read....
    Would you really pick the new MPS over the latest XR5?

Surely people in the market for a performace hatch has found out about the new MPS and maybe even taken one for a drive test, yet Ford has sold more than twice XR5s compared with the new MPS so far this year.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

xr5 is a fair bit cheaper isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    I do wonder is mazda just a little annoyed they did not sell just 2 more cars?

So close to taking third for the month just missed it.
    I hope they are not.

I would prefer if Mazda's aim is to step to the next level and focus in their performance range, and not to be another of the bunch like Toyota and their Corolla.

As we can see by the sells their is much work to be done, the MPS is getting their ass handed to them by VW, Subaru and Ford.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

14. Default

Al if you think Mazda is comparable in any way to Toyota or Corolla then maybe you should be looking at a Toyota for your next car

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Guru View Post
    According to the following Subaru Press releases, a new wide body WRX is due in September this year so I can only imagine the current WRX is in runout and that they may have in fact run out of stock.

Breaking News - Subaru Australia

Breaking News - Subaru Australia
    Yes very keen to see the new Sti and WRX
    Last edited by blackbetty; 10-08-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Yep we can use the price excuse with the XR5, however the WRX and GTI are as expensive if not more expensive than the MPS yet, they have sold twice as many WRXs and in the case of the GTI almost 6 times as many MPSs this year.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Al if you think Mazda is comparable in any way to Toyota or Corolla then maybe you should be looking at a Toyota for your next car
    Me? ....you got it backwards Mel.

Read again, I said I would prefer if Mazda's aim was to step to the next level with the likes of VW and Subaru by focusing on their performance range rather than been another of the bunch like Toyota with their Corolla.

Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I agree Rino , why the MPS doesn't out sell all the other hot hatches is a mystery , I have a sales & marketing background & I am starting to think the lack of sales is a combination of several factors , Colours ( main reason for me not to buy a gen 2 ) perhaps the MPS only apeals to real drivers , performance focused advertising ( excuse the pun ) Distintive looks MPS colours should not be available on any other Mazda product . suggestion for Mazda colours should be ,orange , true red , white , aroura blue ,lime green / yellow . It would also be good to find out if buyers actually test drove a MPS before buying else where ? Motoring jorno's negative comments would not help either ( arm wrenching torque ) It must be very frustating for Mazda to have such a good car & not be able to get the sales, bottom line---- it's still an almost unknown sleeper .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Yep they are almost giving them away, that's why their sales performance has increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Any chance of another colour breakdown oh Mazda Guru?

I forgot to pester you in June
    Ha ha, no prob happy to share....

Mazda3 MPS colour breakdown July 2009 to July 2010

Black Mica (16W) - 264 or 31%
    Aluminium Metallic (38P) - 254 or 29%
    Velocity Red Mica (27A) - 246 or 28%
    Celestial Blue Mica (38J) - 102 or 12%

A new member to this club 22MPS just bought a a/blue gen1 MPS in Cairns , a work mate of his who owns a new model wrx had a drive in the MPS & is now kicking himself . He told me he was going to buy a new mps but after reading Richard Hammonds Top Gear review about arm wrenching torque steer he bought the wrx . he said like many of us after a drive that the torque steer was a good charactaristic of the mps , I just wonder how many other potential MPS buyers have been put off by these limp wristed jurno's . Having said that the later reviews on the gen 2 seem to be more favorable to the much malined MPS . I would appreciate your comments & thoughs Mr Mazda Guru please.

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon