User Tag List

Thread: [WA] new member

1. Default [WA] new member

hi all,

just signed up....

had a mazda 6 wagon a few years ago.. some may have seen it around perth.. red, lowered by pedders with 18 inch wheels on it.. it really looked the part... but having a work car given to me, meant the wagon sat around for 6 months not doing much..

looking at getting a mazda 6 mps.... eyeing off the one in the for sale section, red, and has rx8 wheels on it....

what shop, or who does mods in perths for these cars??? having had alot of turbo cars in the past. and now turbo jet ski's (nothing accelerates as hard as 400hp on the water!!)

need the AWD to tow the trailer... it may be sacred to fit a towbar on one of these. but its going to be a daily driver and tow vehicle... and an occasional track day here and there...

great forum by the way!!!

Hello and to the forum!

A Perth resident I read, nice! Can't say I've seen your red wagon but it sounds nice? Any photo's to upload of it?

What mods are you looking at getting mate? I have my work done at Cypher Industries (click the link on my sig below). Some members have had experience with All star garage and a few others. Can go into more detail if you like. Zack at Cypher installed my downpipe and designed and fabricated my 3" exhaust. I assume he can fit TMIC/FMIC and pretty much look after any work you may need done, like I mentioned, depends what mods you're after.

Turbo Jet Skii sounds sweet! Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunny weekend arvo! Check out my RR link below if you wish to see a bit of a modded ride. Maybe a few ideas and info for you.

Enjoy the forum. Btw there's a red MPS for sale at John Hughes I think

Edit: moved to new thread
    Last edited by rogwick; 03-08-2010 at 11:56 AM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hi retro welcome

4. Default

hey rogwick...

thanks..

ok... so in having in very mad forester GT in 2000 then having to "ahem" grow up with the ever expanding family... that was traded for a diesel pajero (best thing i ever did!!! ) its been company cars for the last 10 years....

i can get a FMIC etc sorted out... we use a guy for all our ski mods using water to air intercoolers etc... so can get the pipework and fabrication done there... i need to spend more time reading the forum.. but work gets in the way!!!.. dont want to go overboard... so a few questions....

what is the standard turbo in these cars??? type?? specs??? better still, turbine sizes if anyone knows???
    being direct injected, can anything be done in terms of reflashing the ecu???
    what boost does a stock MPS 6 put out????
    how much can the stock ECU handle in terms of boost from stock levels?? will the readings on the MAP sensor put the car into limp home mode etc....??
    has anyone had any problems in terms of mechanical issues?? gearbox?? driveshafts etc??? clutches???

i know the answers are probably here... i'll read up in the next few days... thanks for the heads up @ john hughes.. would rather buy privately.. some nice examples out there.. and it has to be red.. to match my ski !!!!

with regards to the ski... laws of physics are strange with water.... when you can squeeze out nearly 400HP on a 3 cylinder 1500cc engine reliably... it makes you wonder why cars cant do it!!!!

thanks guys... !!

Hey Retro,

Sure no worries.

Yeah, have a read on the forum, specifically the exhaust/intake/turbo section for a range of useful information.

The standard turbo on the MPS is the K04. I'm not sure of the specs but I believe is has been mentioned in the forum.

ECU tuning can be done, however not currently available in WA. As you will see a lot of the fella's over east have had a tune. There is a thread where a member is in discussion with a place in Perth with the possibility of Mazda software being available sometime in September. Check out here for more info

flash-tune-perth

Stock boost level for the 6 MPS is 15psi, however it is electronically limited in first and second gear. 3rd gear will see 15psi on the stock cooler.

As far as the stock ECU and modified boost levels go. Personally I'm holding around 16psi and a mate around 17psi with no apparent issues. Another member is running 17psi with a FMIC and standback and has no issues either.

As far as problems related to the 6, yes there are a few. Some vehicles may experience the 'white smoke' problem which is related to a leaking transfer case. Search for this on the forum, there's quite a bit of info. Some models may experience water pump issues as is mine at 30,000kms. Not too many issues other than the above mentioned For more info on problems/issues check out the thread below (mainly the links at the bottom)

hints-tips-purchasing-used-vehicle

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome mate, loads of info and help here

Enjoy the forums and good hunting for your MPS

7. Default

Welcome and have fun hunting for your red MPS6 would love to see pics of your 6 wagon

8. Default

hey guys..

thanks... i think the pic of my 6 wagon is still in the pedders catallogue.. before the windows were blacked out... i'll do some in depth "toilet websurfing" 2nite i'll post up the link once i find it... i have some photos on it somewhere.. it was about 4 years ago i think...

once again, thanks for the tips.. there is alot of info here.. sooooo... plenty of time needed on the toilet.... hope the wife wont get suspicious
    cheers guys...

Hi. I believe there is a red MPS 6 for sale in Brigadoon (or was that Booragoon?). It's on carsales. I have (today) purchased a Radiant Ebony 12/06 MPS from one of the Perth dealers, and will introduce myself fully when it arrives.