User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for all Gen II luxury owners concerning windscreen with rain sensors

Angry Advice for all Gen II luxury owners concerning windscreen with rain sensors

Today when diving home a b double threw a rock up and cracked my windscreen, Luckily I have windscreen cover in our insurance so no dramas.

When speaking to obriens i asked how much one of these windscreens was and was shocked to find that the price can be up to $2500 due to the fact that the windscreen is only available as an original part from Mazda..

So my advice to everyone is to get windscreen cover with you insurance or you could be up for a fairly decent bill depending on you insurance excess.

That sux Greig, how big is the crack? Cheers for the heads up .......just called NRMA to check my premium had it included and thankfully covered already. Guess the next question is....do Mazda have the stock ready to go to replace for you.....

Sorry to hear, that's no good! I guess a bit of a wake-up call/information for Gen II owners to check on their policy. Hopefully you get it sorted and your insurance does not give you any hassles.

I deleted the duplicate thread btw

The crack started at the bottom drivers side and within 10 minutes it is all the way to the top with 4 different cracks. Waiting on a call back so they can tell me when it can be fixed. Guess the car will be staying in the garage till its fixed.

Sorry to hear Greig - luckily us Pov pack owners don't need to worry . I still have windscreen cover on my insurance though, I think it's a good idea to have it.

Good luck with the repair - hope they get it fixed pretty quick for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Greigrob View Post
    The crack started at the bottom drivers side and within 10 minutes it is all the way to the top with 4 different cracks. Waiting on a call back so they can tell me when it can be fixed. Guess the car will be staying in the garage till its fixed.
    Far out, decent size rock by the sounds of that.......Good luck with the repairs and hope you are back on the road in the MPS soon.......night cruise approaching
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Already had mine replaced. Not sure what they were on when they quoted you $2.5k - Eagers Mazda quoted me $1100 fitted for original brand. I went through my insurer, though had not taken the replacement option. (Selected now though!!) The ppl who replaced mine did confirm it was around $1k.

Thanks for the advice Greig . Will be checking out the policy tomorrow.

Wow, I had heard it was $1000 and added windscreen cover immediately, if it's actually $2500 in reality, wow, just WOW, nice one Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by steinez View Post
    night cruise approaching
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Today when diving home a b double threw a rock up and cracked my windscreen, Luckily I have windscreen cover in our insurance so no dramas.

When speaking to obriens i asked how much one of these windscreens was and was shocked to find that the price can be up to $2500 due to the fact that the windscreen is only available as an original part from Mazda..

So my advice to everyone is to get windscreen cover with you insurance or you could be up for a fairly decent bill depending on you insurance excess.
    Good advice re insurance ,i added to mine several months ago increased premium by approx $50.00. Had a rock thrown at previous MPS and was lucky had repaired with injecting resin.

I wonder how the sensors work. Id assume that they "look" though the windscreen so id assume that after market windscreens probably need a small part of the black paint removed???? I could be wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mymps3 View Post
    I wonder how the sensors work. Id assume that they "look" though the windscreen so id assume that after market windscreens probably need a small part of the black paint removed???? I could be wrong!!!
    I would love to know how those sensors work as half the time I'm sure a bird spat/ shat in the air and a drop landed on my windscreen and wipers started going off.....hence now driving with the feature (curse) disabled until it is actually raining.

Thank god, I called AAMI and they replace the first broken Windscreen free of charge :]

I just checked my staff policy .. $0 XS on glass claims ...

Ouch... sorry to hear that!!

By the way for the Gen2 luxury, the front headlights cost about 1.6k AUD. I overheard the dealer speaking to someone over the phone during my service.

Yeah Gen2 front lights are not only Bi Xenon but directional (as in, they move with in the direction the car is turning) so that price sounds about right, crikey! Of the "gimmicks" they added to the gen2 lux, the directional headlights are actually pretty effective. I hate the rain sensor and light sensor and don't use either.

Windscreen was finally replaced by instant windscreens (insurance companies preferred repairer)on Friday. I got a quick look at the mazda invoice and it was $753 + gst. Nowhere near the original quote but still pretty exy when the install costs have still to be added.

1.6k for headlights. Might go and get some headlight protectors!

windscreen cover added cheers guys

Windscreen was finally replaced by instant windscreens (insurance companies preferred repairer)on Friday. I got a quick look at the mazda invoice and it was $753 + gst. Nowhere near the original quote but still pretty exy when the install costs have still to be added.

1.6k for headlights. Might go and get some headlight protectors!
    I got these for mine when I bought it. They actually don't look too bad. I guess they could be seen as annoying when washing but it's just a couple of screws to undo them.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast