User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus RS Coming To Australia In Limited Numbers, Pricing Confirmed!

Blog Entries

Exclamation Ford Focus RS Coming To Australia In Limited Numbers, Pricing Confirmed!

FORD FOCUS RS

The Ford Focus RS is on its way to Australia, Ford has announced today.

Rumours last year suggested that the current-generation Focus RS would be the last. With Ford yet to confirm performance variants for the all-new 2011 model (reports suggest an XR4 Turbo will show at Paris in September), it remains to be seen if an RS variant will figure in the new Focus line-up.

For now, though, Australian hot hatch fans can at last get their hands on one of Ford of Europe's most exciting models - and with only 315 examples to be made available, its 'future legend' status is all but assured.

"Customers, the motoring press, Ford enthusiasts and hot hatch fans have all been constantly asking us about Focus RS and when it might be coming to Australia, so we're very pleased and incredibly excited to be able to confirm for everyone today that it's on its way and will be here soon," Ford Australia President & CEO Marin Burela said.

[The Focus RS will] set a new benchmark for hot hatch performance in this country, creating a whole new generation of performance car enthusiasts in the process."

Arriving in Australian showrooms early in the fourth quarter, the second-generation Ford Focus RS will be offered in just one specification level, along with three exterior colours: Ultimate Green, the signature colour of the latest Focus RS; Performance Blue, the colour of the original Focus RS; and Frozen White, a classic RS colour.

With 224kW and 440Nm generated by Ford's 2.5 litre Duratec five-cylinder turbocharged engine, the Focus RS dispatches the 0-100km/h sprint in 5.9 seconds.

Suspension and handling is managed by Ford's innovative RevoKnuckle front-suspension system and Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing limited-slip differential. Braking is covered by 336mm ventilated front and 300mm rear brakes.

Pricing

Ford Australia has confirmed that the Ford Focus RS Mark II will be offered in Australia with a Manufacturer's List Price of $59,990.

A specific launch date has yet to be announced.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by duglet; 03-08-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added pdf brochure
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Blog Entries

$60K! Ouch!

Pity it is a 2 door.

60K is alot. Buy an MPS and tune it up. lol

wow great car but 60K shesh too much for a 2 door.

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    wow great car but 60K shesh too much for a 2 door.
    ...and it's still a Ford

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    ...and it's still a Ford
    You just pip me Dan
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

$60k, they are marketting the RS in the same bracket as the sti and the evo, good luck with that.

Blog Entries

Damn!! but black looks so damn HAWT!!!

Im in!!!

So long mazda

mrs likes the mps3 and not the ford all win mazda lol..ford rs is a nice car but $60k for fwd (no thanks) esp wen only a level above a standard mps3 but 20k diff...

It's a great buy for those not already in the hot hatch market but for alot of us it's really just not worth the extra $$$$

13. Default

bye Al

Didnt know your name was Mazda BB

15. Default News of the century! - ford focus rs coming to aus!!!

Hard to be true, but it is! limited numbers, only 315 coming!

Ford's WRX STI rival coming

Love the looks and sound of those Volvo T5's, $60K is not too bad as you get a decent amount of kit included, however it only has 2 doors and no black (which would be my choice if I was buying one, but I'm not )

Can't wait to see (and hear) them on roads though

17. Default

Awesome car. agree, black would be good, but limited to the RS 500 only...

Might test drive, then decide on a trade.. after watching a whole bundle of youtube vids, i still like my STi

60k is a bit much, but cause it's limited it's not too bad
    wish it was the rs500 in black tho

Think I might have to book myself in for a test drive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Im in!!!

So long mazda :2fin:

LOL
    Fickle much?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

If my car "supposedly" looks like Elmo (:norty: Laino), this one looks a bit like Darth Vader..........

It's a pretty hot looking car but I personally still prefer Elmo :p
    Last edited by Leelu; 03-08-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast