User Tag List

Thread: Rattles + squeaks!

1. Default Rattles + squeaks! Making a list. Please contribute.

Hey guys. I know this topic has probably been covered a million times, but I'm going to bring it up again.

I've owned an 08 MPS for 3 months now, and I have never owned a car with more interior rattles than the MPS.

I am going to make a list of common rattles + squeaks associated with the Gen 1 MPS.

To do this, I need the following:

1. The rattle/squeak that was discovered
    2. How the problem was fixed
    3. Whether it was fixed under warranty, or by yourself

Im sure a lot of people would like to get some sort of list so they can fix all the bloody annoying rattles in their babies.

Start listing rattles/squeaks guys
    Last edited by SHMIKOS14A; 02-08-2010 at 09:01 PM.

I have 2 mazda 3's.. cardboard in between windscreen and rear view. sound deaden (dynamat) the doors!!!!

have you ever taken the dash apart cause if you have you will know why it makes so much noise, its held together with about 8 screws............

the biggest noise in mine is the seat belt plugs, they squeek where it is bolted to the floor - bit of wd40 fixes it but it always comes back

4. Default

Keep them coming guys!

Rattle in middle of dash - Loose Middle Air Vent (Mazda tightened it up at service never came back).
    Seat Belt rattle (as above) - WD40 works and it does come back.
    Left-hand side pillar squeak (driven me nuts for ages), Mazda have had a go at it twice, goes away then eventually returns. Given up now just turned my music up.

Gee i mustve got a good early build MPS3 as mine didnt have any major rattles or anything for the 18 months i owned it and my car was lowered for most of that time too.