User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost new owner of a mazda 6 mps

1. Default

thanks

i think ill order this Rearward differential bushings,its not expensive.
    this wednesday i test the car , see if it has blue smoke,but even if it has , car has 2 year factory warranty so i think mazda will replace turbo .

thanks for all help , now i know what to expect

Hope all goes well with the test drive mate!

3. Default

can you tell me a shop that will post engine mounts to europe ?

Maybe email

www.cp-e.com or
    www.mpsgarage.com.au

If they can't send it to you maybe they can suggest a European retailer? Other than that, I'm not sure, maybe try ebay!

5. Default

at

but i dont find only the Rearward differential bushings, its only 42 USD instead of replacing all part.

if someone knows a europe shop that sells this stuff please let me know thanks

i already emailed both shops above

Unless I missed something, the rear engine mount problem only applies to the 3 MPS. It's true that replacing the engine mount will improve the gear shift, but the mounts in the 6 are not inherently problematic. Mine has done over 100,000kms and is still fine. I tried an SU rear engine mount at one stage but didn't like the excessive vibration so I took it out.

What country are you in? There are some tuners in Germany that may be able to help you and the Ukrainians are experts in tuning these engines.

I think the two most common faults in the 6MPS are inadequate camber at the front causing the outside edges of the tyres to wear, and leaking transfer case. Not all cars have the leaking transfer case, but it's something to check before buying. There can also be a problem with wear in 6th gear. If you can test drive the car, travel at 104 kmh in 6th gear, then raise the hand brake to the first click which will turn off the rear diff. If you notice that the car get quieter with the rear diff turned off, there is a problem either with 6th gear or with uneven tyre wear/pressure.

Gone to Volvo

7. Default

ok. Thanks. What u mean by leak problem? Turbo problem?

im from portugal
    Last edited by thundercatpt; 02-08-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercatpt View Post
    ok. Thanks. What u mean by leak problem? Turbo problem?

im from portugal
    On some cars the transfer case leaks oil. This is the part of the gearbox where the tailshaft connects, but it has its own separate oil supply. To check for this problem you would need to remove the plastic tray under the engine.

There is an excellent MPS forum in Germany, they may have information on parts suppliers in Europe. If you haven't seen it I will post the link for you.
    Last edited by kmh001; 02-08-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Gone to Volvo

9. Default

ok send me please

thanks

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

usually when does turbo start to complain ? i think the car has precisely 45000 km,if it had the turbo problem,would it already have manifested ? or can the problem still appear ?

We just had our Breakfast run here, see other thread, and I logged 10.2l/100km on that. The others will know what rates we were driving at....on limit generally, winding roads, with passing bursts.

Today I just did another 120km on fast open road, on limit with passing busts up to sub-sonic, and logged 9.5l/100km.

You should have no worries. My car seems happier on Caltex 98 than it does on BP Ultimate BTW. But I always use 98 unless there is none to be had, even in my Landcruiser.

I've been meaning to comment back here too but was waiting to finish the tank. I can't say what my L/100 was but I would assume around the same as Doug. I didn't reset mine from 11.7 but by the end of the cruise it was 11.4. There were times where the needle hit about 5,000rpm and generally driving with passion for the most part. Keeping the revs up a little to have fun through the bends but also 6th gear cruising on some long roads. It looks like I will hit close to 600km for this tank. So I would be confident to say the MPS is easily capable of around 650km+ if given the correct stretch of road and optimal conditions. Not bad for a 1.6 tonne ~200kw turbo charged car I say.

Doug is there a chance your vehicle runs a little lighter on fuel due to your FMIC and standback? Just as a thought. I would think power is easier to obtain with your setup and can assist in fuel economy too? I may be wrong though. There was a time on the cruise when we were behind a VAN, I dropped back into 4th I think and put my foot flat. You didn't let me get anywhere though! That FMIC is nice! As is some of the tinkering you've done!

Really you can tell a difference between Caltex and BP 98? I used to be a BP-only fan after I got some bad fuel in my 250 from Caltex, but recently I've been accepting Caltex Vortex if I'm in the area. No problems at all.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Here is the link to the German MPS forum: mazda-mps.net

If you don't speak German you can access it here through google translate: Google Translate

If you join up there say hello to Ottmar for me.

13. Default

thanks

ROG, Hi. I generally like BP Ultimate and their website on it is informative. But when I was running my two V12 Jags, I filled up with Ultimate a few times from a local servo and really took a bait - both cars pinged like mad, over several fill ups. I had at BP about it but I didn't get far. Could have been a bad batch, and I haven't had the problem since. At that stage I swapped to other brands but found the car happiest on the Caltex Vortex 98. I use BP Ultimate now most of the time but it tends to be usually higher priced, so I've taken to the local Vortex 98 with no problems.

Re passing, I didn't floor the car once on that trip. No where close to wringing it out, and a max of 5000 rpm on 1-2 occasions. It does sound nice when coming on song though and I've been tempted to wring it right out but always run out of road, especially on these crappy surfaces here which get a bit jiggly at speed. Most of the time I was still in 5th for passing, but might have been in 4th on a couple of slower pull-outs, such as the van you mentioned. I forget. I was impressed with the way your car took off - definitely no slouch. Mine definitely pulls easier with my current setup than stock and pulls 6th effortlessly on open roads and I think it is more economical now. Jen and Carmelo mentioned that I seemed to rocket away from them on a few occasions, but there is no doubt the AM would reel it in a long stretch when it got its wind and stretched its legs. It's interesting tho' that both cars are developing the same torque (400+nm) although at 400BHP, the AM is another 50-60 or so BHP (at 7500rpm) than mine! Nonetheless amazing for a 2.3 litre!

I enjoyed the run. I enjoyed a chance to setup well for "proper" corners and long sweepers, not just urban right angles at urban speeds. Thanks to KMH001 for doing the legwork on it. Nice job! Jen and Carmelo enjoyed it too, as did their car - best run it's had in ages.

Just picked up my new Dash Hawk - thanks to Stephen for arranging shipment. Keen to get it fitted. I might have some queries about parameters in due course.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 03-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

15. Default fuel cons.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Welcome, I can't comment on the 6 but my MPS3 always achieves over 500 k's with a 55ltr tank and some are lucky to get 400k's. I put it down to several things 1. The way you drive 2. How the car is tuned 3. The mods you do. 4. Tyre pressure.... Now even with mods done can improve your fuel consumption and i have proved that with all my cars I have owned including the MPS even on track day i can achieve 450k's + from a tank full, on a cruise day with some fun I just achieved 519ltrs and filled up and took 46.79ltrs or just recently from hwy driving non stop with the car fully loaded with 3 occupants and luggage I achieved 621k's and when I filled up next it took 49.83ltrs of fuel. I hope this helps.....
    hi theer, can you tell us more about he mods and the tune you have done to achive better fuel cons.
    thanks.

In city I get 12l/100kms, on fast open road runs I get 9-10l/100kms without trying. My mods give the car a much more effortless gait. I almost never see more than 25% TPS unless powering on, and even most passing is done on less than 45%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12