User Tag List

Thread: flash tune perth?

Default flash tune perth?

hey guys of perth

just wondering if neone no's if theres a place that does flash tuning,as it seems a sweet way to get power quick!

Would be great but i dont know of any.. If theres enough interest maybe we could pressure a tuner into getting the required equipment / software.

mmmmmmmmmmmm yes would be.ne idea what they cost?

not really $1000-2000 for a tune if i had to guess

And the rest, can be very expensive from W.A to get it done over east. Would be good if there was a local place

Has anyone asked allstars garage if they are willing to try it?
    The tuner there is very experienced. He did my tuning back when I had my STI, and he even had the guts to tune hondata.
    Somone should go up there and have a talk

I think you need specific software to flash tune the mazda ECU... I dont think many people have it.

I've been meaning to get a power run done at allstart garage for some time now. If I ever go i'll ask about tuning

8. Default

I believe EcuTek is now available for the Mazda 3 MPS.

There must be someone in WA tuning Subarus and Mitsubishis with EcuTek!

Maximum Motorsport in MALAGA tune via EcuTek.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    I believe EcuTek is now available for the Mazda 3 MPS.

There must be someone in WA tuning Subarus and Mitsubishis with EcuTek!

Maximum Motorsport in MALAGA tune via EcuTek.
    Just sent an inquiry to Maximum Motorsport. Thanks for the info

It would be great if they could tune the MPS as its just near my work

Here is the reply from Maximum motorsport

Hi Daniel,

We do not have the software for Mazda but EcuTek will be here we hope in September to tune some cars. They will have the Mazda software with them so this may be a good opportunity to have it done. Please let me know if you are interested and we will arrange it.

Cheers

Steve Wisby | Partner | 08 9249 7444

www.maximummotorsport.com.au

I'll see if i can get some more information

Good work Toddy, maybe we could express some interest (WA members) if that's the case and possibly organise some sort of discount if we get enough members on board. Did you mention you're on ozMPSclub? They might like the fact that you're advertising on their behalf promoting business for them. I would be interested, but obviously some prices would help if they are able to quote. So they have a 4wd dyno? I'm sure we can get at least 4 WA guys who would like a tune.

Good work mate.

Registering my interest here.

Jedi mind ticks and Peer pressure also holds a strong influence on me.

Yes I said I was from OzMPSclub and that a few other guys could be interested. Still waiting on a reply with some more info

I took my MPS6 upto Allstar Garage in Malaga two weeks ago as I have a CPE standback ECU I want to get connected and tuned via a decent tuner. I spoke to the tuner there (can't remember his name) a nice guy but he said he had only tuned a couple of MPS3's before (using interceptors) never a 6 in fact he didn't even know there was a MPS6!!

He hadn't seen one before so he came out to the carpark and had a look at it and even sussed out the standback (I took in the screen-shots from the manual) and said that he hadn't tuned one of these before but he was willing to give it a try with "no guarantees"- standard clause statement from a tuner.

On doing further research via the threads on this forum and a couple of US forums I'm actually reluctant to get the CPE standback connected and tuned as it appears dyno-tuning the 6's is a good way to blow up your engine and I can't afford a rebuild by any stretch of the imagination so probably best to stick with stock computer.

I'd rather not risk it given the lack of tuning experience in WA on the MPS6- I guess I could try Haltech or similar as tuners here in WA have more experience with this software but we still risk popping our engines when on the dyno.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I think when we find a decent workshop with a good reputation and they start tuning one or two of these cars it shouldn't take long for them to get the mapping sorted out nicely.

Only issue is someone has to be willing to be the guinea pig test case and put there car up for testing etc. There's just no telling why these engines go boom so easily on the dyno even when stock.

Fletch you can try one of my SB tunes if you like. There's no reason why a proper tune should initiate blow-ups, on dynos or elsewhere. Dyno runs can be a bit stressful due to sustained high rpm and possibly indifferent cooling, but I doubt they are commonly associated with blow-ups as a direct cause, more like someone playing with the ECU is dialling in parameters that just aren't reasonable for the prevailing rpm/tps/load conditions.

17. Default

anyone tried Ovaboost. guy is a pro with all different types of cars. he mostly know powerfc and haltech / microtech tho

Get cobb AP. get off the shelf (OTS) tune, once bored of that, talk to freektune / Rayd.

The only real way to do it unless you want to go versatune.