User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heya All

Default Heya All

Hey all
    I don't own a Mazda 3 MPS yet.
    Just on here to get more info about them.
    I resently wrote off my most loved 02 WRX STI
    so now I'm in the market for a nice 4 dr turbo.
    Didn't really think about geting a MPS until I was told how awesome they are from a close friend.
    So prety much the only thing I was wondering was whats the actuall difference between the Mazda MPS and MPS Sport?
    is there some kind of performance upgrade or just minor updates here and there.
    Hoping to be a owner of a lovely MPS somtimes soon

2. Default

Welcome to the forum ... I have a MPS6 so dont really know the answers your looking for but Im sure a 3 person will pop in here shortly to say hi

Hi Mate. Welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of an MPS sport before... as far as i know the only options were standard or leather pack.

The MPS is a great car... Buy one before saturday so you can join our car cruise

Thanks for the welcomes
    Won't be able to get my payout from Just Car Insurance by saturday unfortunately
    Its nice to know there are MPS cruises held in WA though

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

There's 3 MPS that i am interested in
    Could someone guide me in the right direction

1. 2007 3 MPS Sport Black <----Click here

2. 2006 3 MPS (Cosmic Blue) <----Click here

3. 2007 3 MPS Sport (Red) <----Click here

Would be great to get some advice on those three MPS
    Last edited by rogwick; 30-07-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Edited Links (in red)

Hi Haiison, the difference are Shadow Chrome wheels over matt silver,Bose Speakers and Sub,Leather seats, xenon lights, headlight washers... and Welcome to the forum...

The red one looks the best IMO.. also the most expensive

I'm not to sure but i think the "sports pack" means it comes with leather, better stereo and xenons headlights

Having asian parents and all
    My dad wants me to get the black cheaper 1 with high kms D:
    But i guess 80,000kms wouldnt be harmful with a 2007 car

Wink Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPS the message is up there

Sport Pak what Rino said definately worth getting a MPS with the SP OPTION good value

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Hello and to ozMPSclub mate!

Glad to hear you're considering an MPS they're lovely all-rounder vehicles. Sorry to hear you wrote off your WRX hope no injuries were sustained. It was actually almost exactly a year ago I wrote off my 600cc bike (with no riding gear on at the time) I know the feeling all too well!

Let me say the close friend who recommended the MPS has the right idea on cars! As far as bang for your buck, you'd be pretty hard pressed to find better than the 3 and 6 MPS.

240MPS has pretty much nailed the "sports" question by listing the differences. Usually when manufactures list a sports line into their range its the addition of the typical, spoiler, alloys, body kit etc. The engine is exactly the same. This actually deceives a few people as they believe the performance is better. In some cases, yes the sport series may have a bigger engine, turbocharged, VTi etc but when it comes to any MPS the engine specs are the same across the board.

May I suggest having a read on the link below if you have any questions about purchasing a used vehicle. There may be a few things you have/haven't considered that my be outlined and also the article gives at least a different perspective to buying a vehicle. It's pretty much what I look for that I thought may come in useful, hence I made a post. In this article you will find links to common faults or problems with regards to both the 3 and 6 MPS. I strongly advise checking those out if you have any concerns.

hints-tips-purchasing-used-vehicle

Out of the 3 MPS' you listed. Personally I would go for the first one @ 80,000kms. In a year you would be looking at a major service, keep in mind the MPS is a 6spd so at 80,000kms, depending on how it has been driven I would imagine that clutch will need replacing soon.

The second add is ok, technically the engine is a year newer than the first based on the lower kms. The colour is ok, seems to appear fairly standard which is nice, no mods.

The last one would be my pic. The red looks stunning...seriously. Although the most expensive but also the least kms on it. Seems to be well looked after, worth a look in person and a test drive. Have a read (if not already) of the hints and tips thread and keep in mind a few of those things if you decide to go and have a look at one.

Hope you find the right one for you and to see you in a future cruise sometime!

Let us know if you decide or purchase one! Any more questions feel free to ask the friendly members on here and we'll be happy to assist.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Thanks for the nice edit rogwick
    Spoke with my friends and they also suggest me to get the red one for its low kms and the amount of care given to it.
    However I am trying to save as much money as I can so i can spend more on modifications
    so I'm gonna give the red a look at and see how much I can push the price down to, if not enough I will buy the black in a blink of an eye
    I have spoken to my parents and they are happy with my choice in geting a 3 MPS over other cars.
    Hoping to join the next cruise

the sports pack is definitely worth it (2nd hand) gives the car a much nicer feel inside
    as rogwick said, make sure you meet the owner, you can tell alot from meeting them, make sure you check out the interior etc, see how it's been treated
    if you can get the red, definately go for it! the new tires, 12 months rego and it already having a tint are all big pluses imo... although, the fact the picture lack an interior shot seems a tad odd to me... make sure you check it out!
    also, the cosmic blue... not sure why they advertise it as series 2, im pretty sure that's only late 07 and 08 models, it's also missing the MPS strip on the passenger dash... which is one of the most obvious differences between series 1 & 2...
    pic:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00359.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	4899
    the series 2 fixed a number of issues with turbo's and rear engine mounts, so you could use this as a way to get them to lower the price (maybe...)
    the black would be my last choice, 80,000k's in 3 years is alot of driving... although, rino's (240MPS) has done 50,000 in 2 years, so i guess it's not that bad
    finally, to ozmpsclub
    hope all goes well with the purchase, and be nice to see you potentially ruining the constant stream of 6MPS's owners over there
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 30-07-2010 at 03:42 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Late 07 & 08 models come with the black look in the dash and console with the MPS badge over the glove box in the picture below and the upgrade seats to a black suede look material in the inserts and door panels instead of the grey mesh looking material in the 2006 & early 2007 models.. Not bias but True red is the one to go for if the red one comes the goods after you have looked over it just make the offer and let him know that there are 2 other cars you have looked for and whoever rings back to except go for it.....At the end of the day colour shouldn't get in your way, check the sevice manuals or maybe get the cars vin numbers/ serial numbers and maybe someone can fine out the history of the car if it has been service through a mazda dealership, I maybe able to help you out here if need be..... Good Luck.....

Just would like to confirm that the advise the guys have given you is tottaly correct ,The black MPS is the last one you should buy it is false economy instead of saving money to mod it , you may be spending that money replacing worn parts remember this is a high performance turbo'd car . A company I once worked for slogan was THERE IS NO PROFITABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALITY to purchase the red mps will save you money in the long run just the fact it has new tyres & 12 months reg is a saving of $1.400 If you buy a series 1 mps & you need to replace the turbo the cost is around $3.000 parts & labour , the true red MPS is still under warranty till next march , please consider the advise given to you by MPS owners on here carefully .

Cheers Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 30-07-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Some wise words there Col and some sound advise. Sometimes there's more to think about what meets the eye initially.

HI and welcome
    Test drive will tell u more about the car than looks. choose the one that feels most right for u. the ones i test drove they had diff power all were standard! dont ask me why just look at some of the dyno results here for standard cars. i choose the one with the least power for 1 reason, it felt very tight on the road. but low kms cant tell u its been flogged or looked after, kms highway or town. 'TEST DRIVE' them

Thanks for the wise words
    Still waiting for Just Cars to pay out at the stage
    I have taken the Cosmic Blue MPS out of my list... so only aiming for the red ot the black now
    Will definitely test drive both. I called up the Black today and he told me it was mainly highway driving since he lives far away from the city of Perth
    As luke 3mps has stated you can never know who flogged their car by the amount of kms.
    I have read rogwick's other post and I have seen that turbo replacement was on the list of replacements.
    Was this covered under warranty?

If the vehicle is still under warranty it should be covered. Providing proof there is a fault with it, and convincing Mazda mechanics to replace it under warranty might be the challenge/issue.

Welcome HaiiSon and good hunting with the MPS! Enjoy

Hey mate just a quick question...How keen are you on an MPS 3? Have you considered the 6?

There's plenty of back up here in W.A if you have any questions on the 6 so fire away if you want. The reason I ask is I came across this on carsales...

I notice the price is about the same, the kms are similar, you get AWD, bigger car, different look, the rare appeal seeing they don't do the 6MPS anymore. From the photo looks like this car comes from John Hughes (reputable dealership) with warranty too

2006 Mazda 6 MPS <---- Click here for info

Don't get me wrong, if your heart is set on a 3 by all means ignore this post and the 3 is lovely car. Just thought I would bring it up.
    Last edited by rogwick; 30-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    HI and welcome
    Test drive will tell u more about the car than looks. choose the one that feels most right for u. the ones i test drove they had diff power all were standard! dont ask me why just look at some of the dyno results here for standard cars. i choose the one with the least power for 1 reason, it felt very tight on the road. but low kms cant tell u its been flogged or looked after, kms highway or town. 'TEST DRIVE' them
    Yes Luke I agree But I didn't nention it in my post because I presumed it was a given , so It is a good thing that you pointed it out I personally would not consider buying any car without a test drive even If the car is new

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast