User Tag List

Thread: 2008 MPS3 Bose headunit wiring - aftermarket headunit install

Default 2008 MPS3 Bose headunit wiring - aftermarket headunit install

Hi all,

I will hopefully be attempting to install my new headunit in August, but wanted to confirm the wiring information of the radio harness on a Bose system.

The following attachment is what I have found, but wanted to confirm that this is the same for the Bose system

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

I know you can get "adapters" from ebay, which you connect to the corresponding wires and then it plugs straight into the back of the aftermarket HU.

yea, I've actually got one on order already, a harness made by Metra. However, cause I'm lazy and also dont have a voltmeter, i dont want to wire up the wires willy nilly and smoke my brand spanka headunit

Blog Entries

how does the BOSE system hook up to the amp?

I would have thought they would be all the same but they would just have something that goes to the amp for the sub and speakers.

It wires up like any other HU, just a brand name thing.

Yea it wires up the same, but need to confirm if the wires themselfs in the attachment are the right corresponding colours. not too fussed about the pin numbers as the colours are enough.

I guess I will need to buy a voltmeter to be on the safe side

The Bose Headunit outputs Speaker Level out to its Amp.. so theoretically should be able to wire any old head deck in and it would be able to utilise the bose amp under the seat..

if the bose HU did some Line level output trickery using speaker level out type wiring then you may have an issue and have to bullshit up some extra wiring..

buy a test light.. most basic eletrical tool you will ever own but very valueable..

youd be pretty hard strected... and probably have downsyndrome if you managed to blow up a brand spankin new HU

I will be wiring up RCA's from the car harness to connect to the RCA speaker outputs as aftermarket headunits have built in shitty amps for the speaker wires. Hence sound will be double amped.

And yes I fear I may have downsyndrome so would be best to buy a multimeter to check the wiring. I hate electrical work, but know wiring a headunit is pretty easy. It's just that I suck.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    Hi all,

I will hopefully be attempting to install my new headunit in August, but wanted to confirm the wiring information of the radio harness on a Bose system.

The following attachment is what I have found, but wanted to confirm that this is the same for the Bose system

Cheers
    I noticed that pin 14 on the Mazda harness was Orange-dimmer, and pin 15 was black-Illumination. The Metra harness I bought, 70-7903, aligns it's "orange" pin with 14-Orange / Dimmer. I called Pioneer, and they didn't like this - they said the dimmer circuit is varying voltage, which would be bad. They recommended using the illumination circuit, which is purely on/off.
    So, has anyone ever moved a pin in a Metra harness? Or, if I took a tap off a bulb, do you know the Mazda's wiring colour code?
    Last edited by tvmaster; 14-09-2010 at 12:21 PM.

I used the illumination wire off the factory harness and my pioneer headunit didnt like it still. I tapped into the ashtray light bulb which turns on with the lights. works fine http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...tml#post129864