User Tag List

Thread: seems a bit sluggish down low ?

Default seems a bit sluggish down low ?

Not sure why of late... but the old MPS seems a bit sluggish down low ?? i even stalled the other day leaving the lights... may have just been brain fart... ?

But just general driving ... not goin flat out.... it seems to not be so smooth..?

a mid service is nearly due... had 20,000 a while back now in November ?? so i am not sure if that has anything to do with it... ?? oh and i cleaned the air filter only last weekend... and was going to swap for another clean one this weekend ?

orrr.. i have been sitting in 5th and 6th alot in morning traffic doing 80 ?? to try save fuel lol... an i am wondering if the computer is just a bit confused ??

any thoughts or ideas ??
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    oh and Dug man u need to change the NO smiley... hahaha it keeps changing everything
    Last edited by PaulG; 21-01-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Double post merged

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

Blog Entries

I know my car did this when it was running too rich, my MAF sensor was dirty which messes around with the ECU.

I would check your SRI to make sure its not leaking in dirty air.

Its could be something else entirely lol

sounds relevant though... had contemplated doing the MAF clean this weekend also from the other post !!

New oils @ service time will definitely improve the drive of the car..

The car does have an economy mode, if you are poking around in traffic the car will drop into this mode, so when you tramp it, it will feel sluggish. I was told to stab the accel peddle a few times before really getting up it, should drop it out of eco mode ....

hmm... well will see how it goes after this weekends filter and maf clean... and then will try get onto an oil change the following weekend.. should be about time by then....

yea that eco mode may have something to do with it... its like i don't want to to go full WOT but just put the foot down a little to merge in or overtake and it chokes...

Girlfriend is always winging about the roughness of the ride lately.. and wont drive it cause she doesn't like the gears haha

does anyone else find it a hard car to drive smoothly ?? i always feel smooth but i am hanging onto the steering wheel haha...

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

It's smooth as when you're flat stick

MAF and filter clean sorted it out for me. 200OMN's call on the Eco mode is spot on too, 6th at 80 will bring that on pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    hmm... well will see how it goes after this weekends filter and maf clean... and then will try get onto an oil change the following weekend.. should be about time by then....

yea that eco mode may have something to do with it... its like i don't want to to go full WOT but just put the foot down a little to merge in or overtake and it chokes...

Girlfriend is always winging about the roughness of the ride lately.. and wont drive it cause she doesn't like the gears haha

does anyone else find it a hard car to drive smoothly ?? i always feel smooth but i am hanging onto the steering wheel haha...
    I can get my beastie moving along fairly smoothly, she get's a bit rough if I'm ringing her neck - but then what manual car doesn't?
    I know my wife has a bit of drama keeping it smooth through the gear changes, but she drives an 06 Maxx Sport normally - reckons the MPS is alot stiffer and harder to drive...

Is that true about the "ECO Mode"?? Would certainly explain alot...

mine was the same i have now fixed it.

MAF clean and service = easy
    CPE CAI has given more torque and power down low
    One colder plugs should also help reduce stutter.

The MAF and Service should do the trick.

Good advice

any issues please PM me.