Fitted lightweight Enkei's a couple of days ago, (Pics soon - will take some today)

Have noted a couple of things - an improvement in ride quality - we have some fairly crap roads that masquerade as highways around here, and where it would bang about a little bit, it is now much smoother. I'm attributing that to -2.5Kg unsprung weight per corner.

When I fit 225/45 to the stock rims, steering weight increased slightly, steering feel was a touch less communicative and torque steer was marginally reduced. Put that down to inside track which moves -5mm with this fitment, inducing scrub.

Same tyres on the enkei and steering weight is stock, steering feel is stock and torque steer is approximately stock. I'm putting that down to the +48 offset, which places the inside track in near stock position @ -0.5mm.

Clearance is tight; although no need to roll guards, when measured up I would suggest that the extra 6mm displacement that 225 +42 fitments show is enough to guarantee rubbing - 18x8+48 is known to rub and 18x7.5+42 should rub more not less - the wheel face is within 1mm of each other and the tyre sidewall closer to guards. +45 gets a question mark. +48 is clean.

I am wanting to develop a fitment thread that people can look at and get an immediate idea of what issues and effects their intended fitment might have. This will replace the current sticky "Can I fit this?" thread...If others are keen to help, posting exact fitment including offset and a description of handling effects and any mods required for clearance, that would be a big help.

I am thinking a heavily moderated thread that I will gather content for from other discussion threads...