User Tag List

Thread: Creaking and rattling everywhere in the Gen II!

Default Creaking and rattling everywhere in the Gen II!

My Gen II seems to develop a new creak each week.

atm its got: rattling handbrake knob, speedo/rev tunnel cluster is loose and creaks/rattles, something around the passenger seat (yet to diagnose exactly where), windscreen and many other little ones.

Had a few other ones fixed at my last service (parcel shelf, passenger window and something else).

Anyone else having such troubles?
    If so, has anyone managed to fix any up, as Im sick of it sitting at the mazda shop 24/7 with various issues (electrical, turbo, heatshield so far...fingers crossed).
    Is it easy to take any of the panels out and what to use to pad them?

Cheers
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Hmmm sounds like yours was built on a Friday, sorry to hear

yeah, after about a month i was pretty convinced they built my car out of spare bits they had lying around at mazda.
    Still love it though, handling still works......beautifully!
    plus its all under warranty, just annoying

the dash cluster has to be THE most annoying one in my car at present, they seem to come and go which is more frustrating! I also have one by the front passenger door somewhere but hard to find it when your driving, wondering if it might be the speaker in the door?

was going to say glad i bought aluminium as blue was my second choice ,but cbills just wrecked that for me .. no rattles etc yet 3000kms

I might add too that mums SP25 has done 35,000 and only the drivers seat squeak, very odd since the MPS is not much different

Quote Originally Posted by cbills View Post
    the dash cluster has to be THE most annoying one in my car at present, they seem to come and go which is more frustrating! I also have one by the front passenger door somewhere but hard to find it when your driving, wondering if it might be the speaker in the door?
    Yep, dash cluster is the same on mine. comes and goes. worse when its cold. atm its got a folded piece of masking tape jamed in it to hold it till i have time to rip it out and pad it up
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

hahaha I just turn the music up but my ears prick up every bump, damn Adel roads don't help either!

I do the same. stereo on high. 50% of my driving is on country roads so...........

Well ill try pulling some of mine appart some point and see how ard it really is. im assuming the instrument cluster is not to hard at least

it seems to be the clear plastic cause when i push on the top of it with my fingers it stops creaking then i smile... until i get to a corner and then have to move my hand and it starts again gaar! Oh and also I'm so lazy, the Mazda dealership is at the end of my street more or less and yeah LAZY ME haha (see below) its actually prob less than 500M ...

yeah, i took to holding it still for a while, then realised that was stupid so wedged it. You mean yours is the actual glass infront of the instruments?
    similar situation for me: the mazda dealership is was away from my house, but right near my work. atleast when i drop it off i ger free parking. lol

only got 7000km on clock (but almost a year old) and no noises. I became a regular at mazda getting trims replaced under wty on the CX9

I've got 13,000 kms on mine and I'm starting to notice some creaking in the steering wheel, especially when the car is cold it sounds worse especially when I'm reversing out of my drive way, I initially thought something was loose on the passenger side, but found that it comes when I start steering the wheel. So for example as I'm reversing out, as it goes down the slope of the driveway the creaking gets to it's peak as I turn the wheel most the way. I'm planning on taking it in very soon to get looked at. Just trying to find some time to take off work.

Blog Entries

My car has started to develop some annoying rattles etc. I found that the passenger side was coming from the seat belt. Because of how its designed, if a passenger gets out the seatbelt twists and hits against the door. I always have to reach over the turn it the right way. Also the parcel shelf rattles which drives me insane. Am due for a service soon so will get Mazda to have a look at it. As above, I just turn the stereo up!!!!

That sounds pretty bad with your steering wheel. Do you think it's just the plastics of the wheel not fitting correctly or is it something more serious like the steering column?

Yeah Annie, they obviously didn't think much about that seatbelt issue, it happens to me too. They should fix up the parcel shelf any anything else at the service, just let them know. They happily padded a few places at my 10,000km, including parcel shelf.

I don't think it'll have anything to do with the steering column. I really hope it's not. The handling of the car is still perfect so I don't think it is. I just called Mazda, gonna take it there next Tuesday and replicate the problem for them. Fingers crossed it's a quick fix.

yeah. hope they just pad it up and all done. probably worth while checking around to see if your starting to get any of the other issues poted in this thread and get them fixed before they start to drive you nits too. wish i had done that last time I had the car at mazda. lol