User Tag List

Thread: Can Gizzmo Boost Controller and Launch Controllers be used on a MPS6

Default Can Gizzmo Boost Controller and Launch Controllers be used on a MPS6

Hi Guys, Im looking to spend some money on my MPS soon with my tax.
    Will any of the Gizzmo products work well on a MPS6... http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/ I have not read much on the site about people using electronic boost controllers so I'm not sure if it can be done or is worth doing... ???
    Any help on the matter would be appreciated
    Mark
    Last edited by MZSPD6; 25-07-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Electronic boost controllers can be used on the MPS, you just need to disconnect the factory one from use.

I recently installed an electronic boost controller (cheap brand) on my 6MPS. It took me a while to dial in the settings to get it to hold the boosst i wanted but now its ok. I hooked mine up so the new boost control solenoid runs in parrallel with the factory solenoid allowing me to swap back to factory at the flick of a switch.

If you want a launch controller, buy a wotbox from the states, it also gives you the ability to wot shift (hence the name), it has dual user adjustable launch control rev settings, and is very easily installed.

Here is a link
    www2: wotbox

Thanks for the answers

Toddy did you find much gain from being able to increase the boost? Is it very complex to wire in an aftermarket EBC?

Its not that hard at all. You'll most likely need an acc +12v, constant +12v and an earth to power the control unit and 2 wires running from the control unit to a new solenoid in the engine bay. Depending on what type / brand of electronic boost controller you use you'll need either a vacuum line or 2 more wires running from a boost sensor back to the control unit. I found it easier to run a 5 core trailer wire from the engine bay into the car so i'd have spare wires running through the firewall if I ever needed them. If you want more information about how I connected everything so I could swap back to stock boost with a switch PM me your email.

Is there much gain?.. well theres not a huge boost increase available. Stock it runs about 15psi and boost cut is at 18psi so i've tried to keep mine just under 18psi probably closer to 17.5. To me it feels faster but I havent had time to log enough data to confirm this. By running a new boost controller you also bypass the boost limiting in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 26-07-2010 at 09:43 PM.