User Tag List

Thread: Ozicozi - Stoneguard protection

Default Ozicozi - Stoneguard protection

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie with my first post. I have my newly purchased MPS3 booked in on Friday at Ozicozi for stoneguard protection on the front bumper, headlights, bonnet & front guards all depending on costs, I may only get the bumper & headlights done. Has anyone done this & can give me some feedback on Ozicozi.
    http://www.ozicozi.com.au

Thanks
    Preston

I don't know much about this kind of thing mate, but if it's gonna keep your bumper from chipping and is a reasonable price then that can't be a bad thing.

My front bumper is riddled with chips from country driving. The front end of the bonnet also suffers from stone chips due to its shape. No problems with the headlights though.

I would consider something like this only if it wasn't visible at all and didn't alter the gloss of the paint. It's just like the bonnet protectors that you see I guess. I wouldn't put one of those on my car. I'd rather the stone chips.

Maybe do a few Google searches for different terms and see what pops up.

Blog Entries

I spent a lot of time researching after I started to get stone chips on my car- they are a great idea, and you can not notice it unless you are a few feet away and looking for it.

You can actually buy a kit for the MPS6 (not sure about the 3) on ebay very cheaply and it is lazer cut and great quality- I bought one of these, but the problem I had was in the application- very hard and you would have to have a fair amount of experience to get it perfect, which I do not so scrapped it.

Providing your installer is skilled, you will be very happy- this type of protection is a great product and so wish I had done it to my car before the stone chips started to appear...
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    Also- i would go the whole kit you have mentioned, and think about under the door handles (always get scratched) and the mirrors and they take a beating as well.
    Last edited by shinslinger66; 21-01-2009 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Double post merged
    Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Yeah my mirrors have some nice chips. The drivers side has one that has even chipped a chunk of plastic. Drives me insane when I look at it. I've even got a few on the roof just near the windscreen somehow.

Definitely do it! I have done a lot of cars that have it and it helps so much.

As shin said its not very noticeable at all. Here are some pics to show you

This one shows where it is (i taped it so i didnt polish it)

you can also see it here while the wax is bonding

But not here

or here

Blog Entries

Dan- pics no worky...

I can see them???

Thanks for the info. The car is booked in on Friday, I'm getting the full body kit done for $675.
    BTW Nice looking RS4

Blog Entries

pics do look great Dan- did you wax the protective coating?
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    just zoomed in and it looks like you did.
    Last edited by shinslinger66; 22-01-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Double post merged

Quote Originally Posted by mav2777 View Post
    Thanks for the info. The car is booked in on Friday, I'm getting the full body kit done for $675.
    BTW Nice looking RS4
    Good Choice!

Wish it was my RS4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    pics do look great Dan- did you wax the protective coating?
    just zoomed in and it looks like you did.
    Sure did Pete. Dosnt hurt to do it was my view. You just need to apply it in the right direction otherwise the edge fills with wax lol

I am very happy with 3M product, you hardly notice it on the car. They say it is only 2% visible between where the protective coat ends & the original paint coat begins. It is very strong, I couldn't puncture protective film with the car key. In the workshop they had 2 Ferrari's & a Bentley with the protective coats. It is definitely the new age of protection, better than car bras, bonnet protectors & headlight protectors. Ozicozi said they will do group buys for a good price if anyone on the forum is interested.

nice u cant even see it ... well from those photos... washed my car on weekend and cried... hahaha