User Tag List

Thread: Lakeside classic speed fest

Smile Lakeside classic speed fest

Look for Interest your thoughts.....

Hi All!
    a short message from Shannons
    Finally a big field of Group A & C race cars back at Lakeside....!

Invitation to all car clubs and motoring enthusiasts & motorsport fans to join us at Lakeside August 7th & 8th.
    Meet Jim Richards & Mark Gibbs and see the Winfield & GIO, legendary R32 Skylines, take on a big field of Group A & C Touring cars.
    Cars confirmed so far for Grp A & C include, Grp A-Ford Sierra, Grp C- RX7, Grp A -R31 & R32 Nissans,
    Grp A -Walkinshaw, Grp A-Mustang...plus many more!

As well as the race events for Group N touring cars & Group A & C Touring cars , Trans Am & Clubmans, there will be a Shannons Show and shine and track cruise on the Sunday 8th,- Trophies for car of the Show and runner up.
    10 show and shine trophies in all to be won. (no pre entry required for Show and Shine).

Special legends demo laps on Sunday include Jim Richards and Mark Gibbs in their Original Nissan GTR’s plus a Handful of cars from the Famous Bowden Collection (TBA)...whispers tell us one of them will be Kevin Bartlett
    in the Famous Channel 9 Camaro.
    Don’t miss this great weekend!....Park around the track....just like the old days!!!! Sunday entry only $20 or $30 weekend pass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LakeSide CSF Flyer 2010.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	4784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GIO Nissan.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	4783  

Nice! I'll check my schedule.

MPS convoy perhaps?

I'm out because I'm working that weekend. I got the email from the boys and posted it up if you guys wanted to organise something......

Those R32's were crazy cars at the mountain (especially in the wet!), loved watching every minute of those bathurst days

Here's some old Video from 1990

Sierra Cosworth

Dam, I'm out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Sierra Cosworth
    It's actually Cosworth Sierra

That's like saying it's a Skyline Nissan.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Last edited by BradstaMS; 26-07-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Looks like I will be going after all.

Myself and a few old school mates will be heading up.

This is on this weekend if anyone is going....

Just got back from there about 3ish - probably took longer to get out of the carpark/road than it did to get home from the entry road. Was good to see the old GTRs going round Lakeside again - saw some of the XR5 guys on their way there - stopped at the water tower/lights Anzac/Narangba Road. Was a good day, and stayed fine and not too cool.

I had an awesome day yesterday with my mates.

It was a real club sport sort of day.

One class was all old datsun 1600's, Rx3, Rx2, original celica ra22, .... club racing at it's best with tail slide action.

Then classic club racing with mini's, Ford GT's, camaro's, impala etc

Then the 4 Bowden cars came out for a bit of a show. John Goss Channel 9 Camaro, Jim Richards 635csi BMW (JPS), Benson & Hedges Ford Sierra Cosworth, and Brock Torana A9X.

My favorites were the sound from the 635csi BMW, and the tail slides of the Camaro's.

I will definitely go again, especially because Lakeside is a real racetrack with hills, dips, off camber corners etc. Not like QLD raceway.
    Red '05 6MPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    I had an awesome day yesterday with my mates.

It was a real club sport sort of day.

One class was all old datsun 1600's, Rx3, Rx2, original celica ra22, .... club racing at it's best with tail slide action.

Then classic club racing with mini's, Ford GT's, camaro's, impala etc

Then the 4 Bowden cars came out for a bit of a show. John Goss Channel 9 Camaro, Jim Richards 635csi BMW (JPS), Benson & Hedges Ford Sierra Cosworth, and Brock Torana A9X.

My favorites were the sound from the 635csi BMW, and the tail slides of the Camaro's.

I will definitely go again, especially because Lakeside is a real racetrack with hills, dips, off camber corners etc. Not like QLD raceway.

You can say that again,no room for error at lakeside
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

And it's good when the wind is blowing the right way, so you know when something is on - could hear them practising on Friday from here. I'm sure Jim Richards enjoyed a run around the track again.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FeOe79 View Post
    Just got back from there about 3ish - probably took longer to get out of the carpark/road than it did to get home from the entry road. Was good to see the old GTRs going round Lakeside again - saw some of the XR5 guys on their way there - stopped at the water tower/lights Anzac/Narangba Road. Was a good day, and stayed fine and not too cool.
    Yup we stopped there as half of us got stuck at the lights.

It really was a great day too.
    Vote for me at Focus-Gallery.de
    Electric Orange, No leather, No Sunroof, Custom Intake, Skunkzorst 3" cat back, 3" dump pipe with 550cfm Race Cat, Airtec Gen3 IC, ChipTorque Custom Tune, H&R Lowered Springs, Whiteline Adjustable Rear Swaybar, KU36 235/40/18. Soon to be added Bilstein Shocks, EBC Red Pads, Slotted Rotors, hopefully a quaife.166kw

Richard from Allstar was there on Saturday, he said it was a great day and brought back some memories, any hows I will close this thread now,if you want it re opened PM me.