User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W.A service NOR?

Default W.A service NOR?

I have a great mechanic SOR where I use to work but now work NOR.
    The MPS6 needs a good freshen up service but it is to hard to get down there and im short of time as it is.

Has any one had good experiences with a reputable mechanic in Ozy Park, Balcatta or Malaga? they are the closest to me?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

My car is booked in for next Thursday at Cypher Industries (see my sig below)
    I had not yet had a service done there, however I had my exhaust designed, fabricated and installed there and was pretty happy with the work.
    Zacka, the lead mechanic has been working on a particular MPS a fair bit and has now installed at least three downpipes and various services and installations.
    If you wish I can give you some more feedback after my service or a rough price if you wish, let me know.

Myself and Toddy have had work done there and were happy with the service and quality of work

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

While Zacka at Cypher offers a great service he is still on the wrong side of the river.

I have never been personally but i hear good things about Allstar garage in Malaga www.allstargarage.com.au

Lol I live in Gosnells and work in Subiaco so its way out of my way. Will just get to work late and have to leave early. Of course the boss won't like it.
    I wonder if Zacka would service my bike! Not keen on another $700 service. Might do it myself. Just for info Pete is your car still under warranty? If not, its pretty easy to service yourself if its just a minor. Much cheaper too
    If Pete decides on all star would be good to get some feedback to their quality of service.

Pretty sure Clayton has used All Star
    I will have to eventually book my car in somewhere once its had the panel repairs
    Might give them a go, its close to home for me

Just for info Pete is your car still under warranty?
    No mate it isn't. but i would like a garage to service it 1st time round.

I have herd good things about HyperDrive. but again i would like to know if there is anyone on here that has been there.
    Last edited by Pistol Pete; 23-07-2010 at 11:02 PM.

kinda off topic but fo those of us that live SOR parkland mazda is getting a brand new 26 bay service dept.
    Now Melville Mazda need to do the same. I think mazda service centres SOR are very poor venues.

Im not a fan of dealerships. The level of distrust over the years means i will allwais stay far far away.. after an indipend garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Im not a fan of dealerships. The level of distrust over the years means i will allwais stay far far away.. after an indipend garage
    Couldn't agree more! Parkland Mazda Service our 323 Mazda Years ago, first time crashed our car and called us they will have to install a new bumper! Not what my dad was expecting to hear from the phone call! The next time we took it back they overfilled the battery fluid and when dad got round to checking the service quality the next weekend found corrosive-like build up and rust on the bottom battery tray. Keep in mind this was on a brand new 1998 Mazda 323.

I took my car to John Hughes (you know the whole good reputation thing) and they overfilled my coolant and it had spilt all down the radiator and dripped around the area everywhere. Not to mention they must have eaten lunch in my car cause there was Seaseme seeds in my car that weren't there before! lol Forget about the complimentary wash or vacuum too!

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

After my last encounter with a Mazda Service Centre and the fact that my car is now 5 years old, i wont go back to them or any of the others
    Am in the process of finding a new place that i can trust to service my car

My car is at Cypher today, hopefully get it back this afternoon

Got my car back. Was just over $200 for a minor service at Cypher for those interested in pricing. Not bad really. Zack noticed a minor leak in my water pump so looks like a need a new one of those soon. Will have to give him a ring and book in the vehicle again to get a new one fitted. I'm guessing around $350-400 installed for a new water pump. Only done 30,000kms...Dang! Other than that, my car seems to be going well

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Got my car back. Was just over $200 for a minor service at Cypher for those interested in pricing. Not bad really. Zack noticed a minor leak in my water pump so looks like a need a new one of those soon. Will have to give him a ring and book in the vehicle again to get a new one fitted. I'm guessing around $350-400 installed for a new water pump. Only done 30,000kms...Dang! Other than that, my car seems to be going well
    Check this thread before replacing the pump rog, the suspicious coolant stains may be normal!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...hermostat.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Check this thread before replacing the pump rog, the suspicious coolant stains may be normal!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...hermostat.html
    Appreciate that info Chris, I will look into it further definitely but Zack seemed to be a little concerned and requested I check the coolant levels (under the radiator cap) prior to driving cause it could potentially be a serious issue if left unattended. He did do a pressure test and confirmed that there is a leak but I will have a better read of the pdf document in the thread you recommended and possibly even Print it for reference to pass on to my mechanic for consideration. I would rather stay on the safe side of things and consider a replacement, in the mean time some research will be given, until I decide to book it it (I need other work done soon anyhow) cheers mate!

M P S

Apparently the water pump had been done on our car at a similar Kms, I remember seeing it when we got the car looking back at the service history.

So it is fairly common fault from what I gather then?

My mechanic replaced one on a SP23 not so long ago so I would say fairly common.

So she is all booked in at All-Star Garage... so we will see how that goes...

I spoke briefly with a chap by the name of Nick. He sounded quite cruizy so that suits me. and they are sooooo close to home should be good to get a freshen up.

Let us know how it goes mate

Yeah fo sho...

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Rog,

I know it is off topic but did you paint your wheels your self or have them powder coated?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Yeah fo sho...

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Rog,

I know it is off topic but did you paint your wheels your self or have them powder coated?
    Lol, it's your thread, who cares about

I actually got them second hand of Shakespeare. HOWEVER I looked into getting them done and got prices and info before I knew Chris was selling. The rims are professionally 'painted'. Most rims are not powder coated, rather, they are two-pak painted (according to the place where mine were done)

Are you thinking of getting yours done?

M P S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast