User Tag List

Thread: Re- clearcoat

Default Re- clearcoat

Hi, looking for extreme shine so thinking i may get ym car re clearcoated?do you think this would be a good idea...and also get some of the small water etched marks in the clear coat that i have??

also how much for clear coat these days?

Thanks

Wouldn't you be better off machine polishing the current paint instead of getting a whole new respray? In the hands of an expert it will come up better than new.

When i had my car detailed, i was advised the clear coat was ~40microns thick and a extensive 3-4 stage polishing process might take about 1-2microns off.

For the money I'd get a professional detailer to come and have a go first, it may cost you 300-500 for a PERFECT result, which would be significantly cheaper than a respray.

From then on, regular paint maintenance is the key (polish/wax).

Unless your paintwork is full of stone chips and scratches id also advise just going for a professional polish....

Quote Originally Posted by VGP View Post
    When i had my car detailed, i was advised the clear coat was ~40microns thick and a extensive 3-4 stage polishing process might take about 1-2microns off.

For the money I'd get a professional detailer to come and have a go first, it may cost you 300-500 for a PERFECT result, which would be significantly cheaper than a respray.

From then on, regular paint maintenance is the key (polish/wax).
    Spot on