User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you purchase an AWD MPS3

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd purchase a MPS 3 with AWD at a $5,000 premium

78 62.90%
  • I'd purchase a MPS 3 with AWD only if the price remained as they are

25 20.16%
  • I like my MPS 3 with all the power going to the front!

21 16.94%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The ultimate MPS3 AWD discussion

I just wish they'd make a new 250Kw 450nm AWD MPS6 with 19" wheels, wider tyres than the current ones, a DSG gearbox and a good paddle-shift!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I just wish they'd make a new 250Kw 450nm AWD MPS6 with 19" wheels, wider tyres than the current ones, a DSG gearbox and a good paddle-shift!
    Me too. OzMPSclub attack on mazdas facebook page?? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Closest thing to that really is the Polestar Volvo S60
    242kw 480NM.
    Shame about the price though, and the "I drive a Volvo" stigma

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Closest thing to that really is the Polestar Volvo S60
    242kw 480NM.
    Shame about the price though, and the "I drive a Volvo" stigma
    Yes a bit hard to get past the "Volvo Stigma!" However I was behind and S60 the other night and those read LED's look very cool! It's a pretty good overall package though parts of the styling don't really do it for me.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Anyway, it's all a bit of a fatuous argument. I guess if those who drive MPS3s really wanted AWD then they would have bought something else. Why buy a FWD then wish for something different. If you drive a FWD now and want an AWD, then you should change. Life is too short to stress over such things! ;o)

BTW, I have driven the Volvo S60 in R-Design mode and it is very smooth and handles well. The only thing that turned me off is the lack of a spare wheel and the horrible instrumentation. I'm a bit wary of some of the e-Nannies too. They are OK in the hands of a competent driver who keeps an eye on what is going on, but in the hands of someone who (it is assumed) actually needs their assistance, then I think, paradoxically, they are potentially dangerous. Rear seat headroom is a bit low for tall folks too. But they are great value, the finish is excellent and the big turbo six is a gem.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456