User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you purchase an AWD MPS3

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd purchase a MPS 3 with AWD at a $5,000 premium

78 62.90%
  • I'd purchase a MPS 3 with AWD only if the price remained as they are

25 20.16%
  • I like my MPS 3 with all the power going to the front!

21 16.94%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate MPS3 AWD discussion

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    At the risk of sounding unpopular... Maybe its time to close this thread? Got our poll results etc.

We can start another therad on FWD v AWD v RWD elsewhere... its off topic for this thread.
    agreed
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Time to vote then. I ended out voting for AWD. Only because then I would be able to put all my power down in gears 1 and 2. Other then that no real bonus for me

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Lets not lose focus of this thread it's about the poll on this thread,would you pay the difference to have AWD on a MPS 3 or not..... Not about comparing to the bigger brother 6 or any others..... The AWD was definatley a wierd feel when i drove it on the track but after time like any car you will fit into the groove on how any car feels.........I've never owned a AWD but have owned 4WD and i know when i switched to AWD mode makes a hell of a difference in cornering in the sand and dirt, saved my bacon a few times, I think TEAM GREEN would agree to that when he was up if i didn't have the front wheels pulling me around it could of been a different story that day......

Lets go back to POST 53 ??????
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Nah, I'd be a fool to pit my 193kW, 500Nm boxer against a 250kW wrestler.. The GTi-R is renounded not for its quality, but for its blow ya away ability! A colleague of mine at Caltex has one, and its totally stock. He's had a full leather trim fit-out and and midnight black respray with fully tinted windows. He also just recently had the gearbox and diffs rebuilt (which he said he consistantly had issues with).

Totally stock even, and its an animal! If he was to sell it, I'd be the first to take it of his hands

On another note - did anyone see that the Focus RS is being imported in limited numbers (315) to Aus at the end of the year??
    Yeah. . Tell him to get his ass on the GTiRoz website, love to see his R. . . Diff issues, thats a new one, gearbox yes a few lol but never diff issue's, no more gearboxe issues anymore for me, getting a PPG dogbox soon. . .
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Well seems the only ay to escape the clone of the evo, wrx, sti is to forget mazda buy a Nissan We have 3 great older models that are all savage AWD GTiR, R32 GTR, R33 GTR.
    Your forgetting/too ignorant to know about the U12 and U13 Bluebirds. With an identical driveline to the GTiR, but better weight distribution and an interior that isn't cheap like the rest. Although the U13 is a little ugly on the outside, it's my pick of the AWD Nissans of that era.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Adding to the "Electronics are bad" story, my AWD Bluebird (Lowered, upgraded sway bars) does not handle anywhere in the vicinity of my MPS6 (standard suspension, 300kg hevier). You cannot tell when any electronics are interfering with your driving in the MPS. I would have bought a AWD MPS3 if it were available, but it wasn't, so I was forced into the only car mazda could provide.

Old, I know, but, I think it's relevant.

if the Golf R is anything to go by, the Evo/WRX market can be cracked. The reason the MPS stands out over its nearest rival (GTI) is the affordability vs performance. if Mazda could keep this formula against the Evo/WRX/R then they would have a viable competitor.

I see about 4 times as many GTIs kicking around then I do MPS 3 and 6 combined....

i prob would even pay a bit more than 5k if it came in awd format

To be honest with you all, I have never been in a MPS3... I am hoping someone here will let me drive one one day. I love My MPS6 as its my first AWD car, I am a fan. BUT::: there is always pros and cons. My daily drive is a 121 bubble..... Mayby I will bolt a supercharger to it and call it an MPS1.. errrrr, sorry, brain fade. Front drive is certainly entertaining and I have always wanted a MPS3, admittingly I told my friend at mazda AWD mps3 would be awesome for a rally car, he looked at me and smirked and said, too heavy. about half an hour later the MIYOSHI proving ground was closed due to a Prototype MPS3 being absolutely totalled! sorry, didnt mean to sound like a big head, just got heaps of funny stories after working at Mazda for a few months in Japan.

polo R20 coming out... ~170-180kw from a golf GTI based motor, AWD, probably ~35-40k....

Quote Originally Posted by Spudspec View Post
    sorry, didnt mean to sound like a big head, just got heaps of funny stories after working at Mazda for a few months in Japan.
    Not at all mate. I for one would love to hear some of the stories that come out of Mazda Japan.

Maybe you should start a thread about them

Sent from my iPhone using soon to be uninstalled POS Tapatalk App (fix the damn app you mofos!!!)
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Not at all mate. I for one would love to hear some of the stories that come out of Mazda Japan.

Maybe you should start a thread about them
    Agreed!!! New mps and rx9 are top of my list
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    polo R20 coming out... ~170-180kw from a golf GTI based motor, AWD, probably ~35-40k....
    Small car stigma aside, I would probably seriously consider one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Everything I can find now suggests they are not going to use AWD if it's built.

Ha ha.
    From the description: "Please refrain from making left or right turns once this kit is installed."
    !

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

The ability to go around corners is a small price to pay for the confidence and peace of mind that you can only get with all paw grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    The ability to go around corners is a small price to pay for the confidence and peace of mind that you can only get with all paw grip.
    Just split the braking system left/right instead of front/back and go skid steer, bobcat style...

Then add this... Car to Tank Kit [Tank-1] - $14,500.00 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

And watch the traffic clear

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

For me, I actually bought the MPS BECAUSE it was FWD...

As said prior; AWD would make it a totally different car.

But then again, how much more appealing would a WRX be with the MPS's interior, exterior, engine and gearbox....

Not sure if has been mentioned earlier in this thread but there are guys in the US doing the AWD conversions now.

Some custom parts but largely made up from CX7 and MPS6 parts! Probably too $$$ but would be a nice setup to have.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast