User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parking Lights - Bulb replacement

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I'm not sure of the 3 but with the 6 the fogs were a little more difficult to replace due to restricted space. Unbolted a few things on the drivers side which was right in front of the rear access to the fog light. I think I had the car up on stands already due to doing a service so the wheels came off and accessed through the wheel arch guard. You may/may not have to do the same. Fogs look pretty good when installed sorry to say but useless for light! A mate has got them in his. As far as colour goes it looks great.

Since we're on the topic if any of you guys want to consider something DIFFERENT. Give this a shot...I had never seen it done so I gave it a crack. A blue looks to obvious and not to mention illegal...BUT it looks cool. Following this path I done a bit of guess check and improve to get the best looking parklight IMO. White LED's look pretty cool and bright as I've had plenty. What I've done with mine is this...I'll share

FYI - read below

If you can find it, get a hold of a Phillips crystal vision or silver top crystal vision 5w wedge globe. The blue one as seen in the link below. I may even have a darker shade of blue.

Phillips Lighting - go to 'signalling and click on 'wedge'

The result is pretty cool, a white light woop-de-do. Then what I did on mine, is purchase one of these silicone blue caps. I got mine from MALZ but for reference this is what I mean (see link below) It's basically a silicon capping that sleeves on top of the wedge globe

Silicone sleeve - click the option and change to 'blue'

The end result is a lighting effect that fills the sort of cylinder housing (where the high beam is) To make it stand out more I have an ultra blue H1 glove which adds to the reflection a little (the mirror-like insides) The light fills this due to it being an incandescent bulb. A LED rather is more of a spot light and directs straight out. A difference in opinion of course but I prefer the filled lighting in the whole cylinder..if that makes sense

If you wish to put a blue (or any other colour) sleeve on a normal 5w wedge you can, but the end resulting colour will be more like green. You need to get the Phillips (or similar) crystal vision or blue wedge to get a blue light in conjunction with the sleeve

Appologies, this photo does not compliment my suggestion, it was a dodgy shot with an old camera phone, just to give some idea...The picture on the left (above mentioned) the picture on the right is just another thing I was trying but it was too obviously blue.

NOTE: If you're concerned its too BLUE if you decide to do this, the head of the wedge with deteriorate the blue a little in the capping over time. What I'm saying is that it will get a little lighter after you run it a while...Try it out sometime for a cheap mod! Looks awesome.

Let me know if you want more and better images, more than happy to get them for you guys
    far out just realise how old the thread were,try to open the link its said error or the item could not found

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    lol you absolutely right mate,i just got pull over just cause i use red as parker light,Dam i should read all thread before i start change all things by myself.
    Lol, I know this cause I got caught for the same thing (blue parkers) several years ago!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
    far out just realise how old the thread were,try to open the link its said error or the item could not found
    Hmm, right you are there. They must have updated their website or something. I'm running LED parkers now which are much brighter and cheaper and legal too I think.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

4. Default

is there anything I need to dismantle to install the parker lights on 2012 mps 3? sorry this is the second thread i've spammed, but they just got delivered and i'm overexcited..=p

Default Parking Lights - Bulb replacement

Quote Originally Posted by mps3er View Post
    is there anything I need to dismantle to install the parker lights on 2012 mps 3? sorry this is the second thread i've spammed, but they just got delivered and i'm overexcited..=p
    As stated. Check your manual

Very easy to install from under your bonnet

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

6. Default

yeah i did check, except it says "...remove retainers...peel back mudguard.." so thought someone would know if there's an easier way..but thanks. now i know there is!

Quote Originally Posted by mps3er View Post
    yeah i did check, except it says "...remove retainers...peel back mudguard.." so thought someone would know if there's an easier way..but thanks. now i know there is!
    That's for the fog lights. Parking lights are easy, just pop the bonnet, locate them and twist.

8. Default

Does anyone know how to do this for the parking lights on a gen 1 Mazda 3 mps? On the driver's side I managed to slip pliers in there and turn the bulb with an apparent black cover on the back. However, it wouldn't come out of the socket... it is really difficult as I cannot get my hands in there due to limited room underneath the trim on top of the headlights.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated haha..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Worked it out, just had to pull it harder... I'm too scared of breaking things.
    Last edited by Roquefort; 18-07-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123