User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone chips

1. Default Stone chips

Just finished cleaning and waxing my car and I have so many stonechips. There are two even on the roof and I can see brown in them, Im hoping being in ACT that is not rust.

Has anyone ever claimed a bonnet front end re-spray on insurance due to stone chips ?
    Last edited by blackbetty; 18-07-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Leave ur car in a dodgey car park get it keyed and get a total respray ...lol..

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

that said i have a good resprayer that gave me 500mls of paint for my car. + he fixed a couple of chips for free .. WOOT.. same guys sprayed me rims and fixed all gutter rashes for $40 ea.. i have never made a claim trough insurance. all the nest with ur ride BB i hate stone chips
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Leave ur car in a dodgey car park get it keyed and get a total respray ...lol..

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

that said i have a good resprayer that gave me 500mls of paint for my car. + he fixed a couple of chips for free .. WOOT.. same guys sprayed me rims and fixed all gutter rashes for $40 ea.. i have never made a claim trough insurance. all the nest with ur ride BB i hate stone chips
    Wow, $40 to respray each rim?

Any colour of your choice? Say gun metal?

Is that like a mates rate only?

----
    And i have stone chips too since i travel on the M4 everyday to work....on a black car the chips are greyish/white in colour.....stands out

just tio hide them..turtle wax colour cure have a chipstick which can hide them somewhat..i have heaps to..looks like i have a white pattern at the minute lol

yes u can say mates rates, 3 of the painters at the business are regular customers of mine. when they help me out i buy them a roady when they come in (i work in a bottle shop)

After you go to the trouble of respraying your bumper go out and spend a little more dosh on Paint Protection Film. I've contributed to a thread here before about it. Search "Duco Scratch". You have to go looking for it up close on the car before you'd notice it. Great for Stone chip protection.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Just finished cleaning and waxing my car and I have so many stonechips. There are two even on the roof and I can see brown in them, Im hoping being in ACT that is not rust.

Has anyone ever claimed a bonnet front end re-spray on insurance due to stone chips ?
    If the stonechips look fresh (no rust) you could say you were driving behind a truck and got gravel flicked over your car. But youll still have to pay your excess.... Or you could just find out how much to repaint the bonnet and gaurds.
    The chips will be brown because of rust. even in canberra. It just wont happen as fast.
    Dont worry its not going to eat holes in the roof! but i will very slowly spread out under the paint around the chips. Nothing to panic about though......

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    yes u can say mates rates, 3 of the painters at the business are regular customers of mine. when they help me out i buy them a roady when they come in (i work in a bottle shop)
    damn, benefits of working in a bottleshop lol

This is what I don't like about the paint protection film. If this was my bonnet it would drive me INSANE. Maybe on a poorly maintained vehicle you won't notice but on this fine example...

Wow, speechless!

Whats so bad about it?

exactly, nothing. he's saying you will notice the film if you put it on something like that

just dont tail gate. having said that, i got chips on the roof too lol :/ what to do when its already rusted?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSR View Post
    Whats so bad about it?
    If you didn't notice the line across the bonnet, then you are one of the people that won't have a problem with the film.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    If you didn't notice the line across the bonnet, then you are one of the people that won't have a problem with the film.
    Haha. That would piss me off no end!

probably a bit late to help you out dude... applying touch up paint to small chips and very minor damage kills any rust erosion that may have begun and will protect the area as well. A very good and reliable smash repairer in my area gave me this tip. He was right. otherwise he would have to replace the whole panel (right rear around the lights). I guess any smash repairer would have been quick to make a buck.

16. Default

Mel give Wizard paint a call in Fyshwick, mate was very impressed with them when he got his front bar resprayed. (I think it cost him $300?)

As for insurance, key + carpark.... but I'd rather just see how much it'd cost to get respray done outside of insurance.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Why didn't they just cover the whole bonnet :/

I have s stone chip on the roof, went around for quotes, everyone tells me i need to respray all of it. $550 for the roof cheapest so far

Quote Originally Posted by TieNN89 View Post
    Why didn't they just cover the whole bonnet :/
    That's why I DID my whole bonnet. Couldn't live with the line. Did the whole of the front bumper as well. Complete front protection. Of course now I have a stone chip on the roof too ;(
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Oh i have a couple i bought the car with on the roof, i was hoping they could just air brush them or something hope i dont have to get a respray done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast