User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dump pipe fitted by Mazda

Default Dump pipe fitted by Mazda

Had my CPE DP fitted by Berwick Mazda today, cheap too. Included new gasket all for $350. worked out well as they gave me a loan car to use for the day.

Nice people

Couple of things though.. I didn't expect it to be so loud! and sometimes but not always it blows smoke on take off for 2 or 3 seconds.. Small price to pay for the performance

hey tufmps, I got my cpe dp fitted yesterday !!! haha $330 fitment, two ceased bolts slowed the process.

Been told the sound will settle down a bit once its run in. Have you kept your GHL on ?? I'm running the stock cat back but with a straight through muffler, sounds nice. No smoke though !

Yeah still got the catback.. Car was loud before but the GHL has a really nice sound to it but maybe the 2 don't mix lol

$330! that quite alot better than some of the places I went to.. alot of them just said no. Guess they knew what it involved

Geez yep I would imagine it is very loud then !! hahaha

yeah these guys called Ultimate Tunes here in Canberra did a good job, done one or two before apparently so knew what they were doing.

They said to not hammer it for a while to let the car get used to it or learn or whatever so driving softly at the moment. Next tank of fuel will be fun !! Probably only get 300kms out of it.

Driving softly is against my religious beliefs.

As for the fuel consumption... I used to get a little over 300 km's anyway but after last service I got over 500????????? F**K knows what they did..

Question for you Tufmps and anyone else, now driving tonight I realised that my clock and radio etc. were still programmed. Now if the blokes who fitted the dp disconnected the battery for the install wouldn't these have been cleared ?? So next question, if they didn't (which is surprising) should I disconnect the battery for a period for the ECU to reset or will the ECU learn even if the ECU hasn't been reset and the dp added ?? Any advice would be good !

7. Default

they would only really need to disconnect the battery if welding was required. Even if they did a good workshop will reset your clock and radio stations before you get your car back. I know the workshop I used to work in we would do that without fail regardless of how busy we were. Your ecu "should" also relearn without being disconnected though I believe the process is expedited by disconnecting it.

Mine was disconnected. stations were nicely put back in the radio but not in the same order..thats how I knew
    Last edited by TUFMPS; 16-07-2010 at 12:56 AM.

i love it mazda fitting an aftermarket dump..
    I guess you have a good stealership..

Is your car out of warranty by any chance?

Fitted the corksport insertrs, fitted hawk brake pads for free when I needed brakes done. Car is out of warranty now but they were happy to help me even when the warranty was valid.

you should stuff them, and have them mounted on a plank of wood. Rare as hens teeth places like this

Doc

Berwick Mazda for those interested. I've been told city mazda will also fit things..

Doc- I thought I was the only one up this late lol. Mind you i'm at work so I guess I should say thankyou as I have something to read lol

Andre

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    Question for you Tufmps and anyone else, now driving tonight I realised that my clock and radio etc. were still programmed. Now if the blokes who fitted the dp disconnected the battery for the install wouldn't these have been cleared ?? So next question, if they didn't (which is surprising) should I disconnect the battery for a period for the ECU to reset or will the ECU learn even if the ECU hasn't been reset and the dp added ?? Any advice would be good !
    That may be a throw back to my car. Resetting the ECU caused a few issues when retuning.

Where did you get the CPE DP from and how much?

Got from other member on here. get one don't worry about cost.

Yep do it !!!! great mod !!!

or wait till Chris finishes up fixing the CEL on the gen 2's and get something aussie made.. with a better cat meeow

I Agree... wait and get the best muff one.
    Currently working on the CEL situation as we speak......

would love to know the kw difference between the cpe and best muffler one from a statistical pont of view....

obviously different from a CEL perspective between gen 1 and 2.

did u deal with kevin at berwick mazda by any chance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast