User Tag List

Thread: Oil Pressure

Default Oil Pressure

Oil Pressure - what does it mean?

I generally dont look at the oil pressure gauge that often cause I have no idea what it really is for... But this morning it was calling for attention as it was having spasms. I noticed it while I was sitting at a set of lights the needle was bouncing up and down all over the place and didnt stop after I took off. Car isnt acting any different but I thought I would ask if anyone would hazard a guess at why it would be doing that?

Blog Entries

If it's an electronic sender you might have a bad connection wire. I'd double check all that and if you find your oil pressure is abnormal, well, I suppose that would need attention
    I'm going to put my 50c on a bad connection or damaged wire.

^what he said

Yeah, Id say it is electrical... Stopped bouncing all over the place now and is just stuck on max... Got a CEL and went into safe mode when I started this morning so I had to reset the battery :-( But I drove it around for and hour or so without any issues...
    Oh well good thing I got it booked for a service on Monday... Not sure if I should risk the cruise on Sunday though just incase it is something more then a bad connection ....