User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning Stolen Wheels

Angry Warning Stolen Wheels

Beware anyone offered a cheap set of after market wheels KONIG SWERVE 19 x 8 WITH CONTINENTAL SP/CON2 235/35ZR/19 TYRES.
    They were stolen from my Mazda 3 MPS last night. They are almost brand new (couple thousand k's)
    Went out to get in my car to go to work this morning and it is sitting on blocks of wood.
    WHat I wouldn't give for 10 minutes in a room with the thief.

I would really like to circulate thisto all members butno sure how to go abpout it
    Wal R

Can you claim them on your insurance? Where they listed as an accessory?

Ideally, locknuts are a great investment.

Goodluck trying to catch the

Ahh man that suck big time. Reminds me that I don't have locking nuts either! Will have to pick some up pronto.

Have you made a report to the police? I know of a good outcome after a family member had their car badged, then found the badges for sale on ebay. Police we're able to track them down and prosecute.

Worth a shot, else resort to

Thanks for the support guys.
    Had the locking nuts.
    It looks like they have modified a standard socket to fit locking nut profile.
    The socket is still stuck on the last remaining nut in the front wheel. All the rest have been removed. Looks like they were after all four gready B's.
    When I have replaced all the nuts and some temporary wheels so that I can get the car off the timber blocks I will have a look at the socket and let you know.
    Next time round I think I will have four different lock nuts on each wheel.

Don't expect to catch them by my god if I did the steel reo bar is cocked and ready. They would not be capable of stealing wheels let alone walking in the future.

Reported to the police. Don't expect to much joy there.

The wheels are not listed on insurance so its my cost. They will be after this though.

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope they get caught.

N24 reo bar would be my choice. Nice and heavy but you can still swing it

that sucks big time
    will keep an eye out for you... hope you find them and/or get them back somehow...

Really sorry to hear of your misfortune, where abouts in Sydney are you from, it may alert other members in the area to be a bit more cautious with their own car, or if the rims are still in the area they may be identified to police.
    Unfortunately conventional lock nuts wont stop anyone stealing your wheels, they just biff a socket on then end of the nut with hammer and unscrew the nut, I have had to do this myself when I lost the key, it just takes a bit longer.

Anyway, hope all works out for you in the end, either through police or insurance, even if your rims werent listed on your policy, a replacement set of stock rims & tyres will cost your insurer the better part of 4-5k, so they may be open to alternative options.

Edit: Just googled these rims.....very nice.
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 14-07-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Wal...
    My sympathies to you. Ppl like these have no idea how their actions affect others.
    My be is to look around ebay and gumtree in the next few days to see if someone is palming them off
    Do u have any features on the wheels that can identify your set of wheels?
    U've taken the right steps with the locking nuts but when these guys are determined they no seeing what they can do..

Do hope the police manage to track these guys down. I would think they would be living in the neighbourhood.

sorry to hear! man i would be +@#* off! im buying wheels on friday will invest in some good lock nuts!!! i will keep my eye out too

There are some really good locknuts available out of Europe that have a free spinning top so that the above mentioned socket method cant be used, worth looking into if you're concerned about theft.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    There are some really good locknuts available out of Europe that have a free spinning top so that the above mentioned socket method cant be used, worth looking into if you're concerned about theft.
    Links or ban

I had a quick Google, couldn't see the ones your talking about. Sounds interesting though as "standard" lock nuts are all too easy to get off...

ok i just put an order in for a set of ADVAN locknuts

those bastards are not getting my wheels !!!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    ok i just put an order in for a set of ADVAN locknuts

those bastards are not getting my wheels !!!
    locks only keep honest people out

Pics of "said" wheels.

As a reference.......

Does anyone have a link to those European lock nuts??? I think we all need to get some.

Hopefully the wheels turn up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Pics of "said" wheels.

As a reference.......
    I was thinking that too!

Is this them? They would have looked sweet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	4602  

pimpin wheels dude, very original....

they are rather unique looking so hopefully they show up

sorry to hear bout that wal, though you should also look out in tradingpost.com.au and all those other like market place things.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Thanks for the support guys.
    Had the locking nuts.
    It looks like they have modified a standard socket to fit locking nut profile.
    The socket is still stuck on the last remaining nut in the front wheel. All the rest have been removed. Looks like they were after all four gready B's.
    When I have replaced all the nuts and some temporary wheels so that I can get the car off the timber blocks I will have a look at the socket and let you know.
    Next time round I think I will have four different lock nuts on each wheel.

Don't expect to catch them by my god if I did the steel reo bar is cocked and ready. They would not be capable of stealing wheels let alone walking in the future.

Reported to the police. Don't expect to much joy there.

The wheels are not listed on insurance so its my cost. They will be after this though.
    Your'e not entirely correct about the cost of the wheels being covered. A friend on mine had his stolen and he didnt have his wheels covered either but the insurance company agreed to reimburse him the cost of a new standard set. The amount reimbursed was more than the aftermarket wheels.

Give it a go, what have you got to lose!

OK....found the uber tough nuts, they are called McGard Ultra, they are an American based company, but I believe the nuts to be manufactured in Europe, they arent as expensive as I first thought either, here is an ebay link, you just need to find the correct thread and seat from the listing.

eBay Australia Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast