User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil leak!!!

1. Default

Thought i might contribute.

I had a similar oil leak on my mazda 3 in 2007. When it had 5000 km on it, i preceeded to do a 5000km engine oil + filter change. I noticed there was a small oil leak under the car and i thought.. ..

I took it tok rockdale mazda who told me that it was seals between the transmission and engine and it was simply a matter of putting a new one. Obviously, everything covered under warranty. After getting the car back 3 DAYS LATER -_-".. i drove it around till 15k when i did another 5000 km service. I noticed the oil was back again -_-". I took it to rockdale who insisted it was the same seal that failed and replaced it again.. this time taking 5 F... days -_-"..

another 10k passed and AGAIN, oil from the same location. Its odd because i check my engine oil levels every few weeks and it doesnt drop... so i knew this was a minor leak.. but you dont expect a NEW car to leak.. my old 99 corolla had nothing underneath the car -_-"

After raging to the service manager at rockdale who kept insisting it was that seal, i took the car to John Newell Mazda who degreased the whole underneath of the engine and told me to 1k on the car and bring it back. I took it back and they found it was probably the sump needing sealing again. I left the car with them overnight so the sealant could cure properly.. and got the car back. Car hasn't seen a leak since.

What i find fustrating is while the car was getting its 10k, 20k services done, there was no mention of the oil leak.. even though it seems to reappear after 1k after being cleaned off. Since getting the car fixed, i have NEVER taken my car back to those monkeys who work at Rockdale.

I think it all depends on the dealerships and how they deal with things.
    Last edited by Dark Authority; 04-08-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Amen Darkauthority. Just because someone has done a trade or degree,this does not confirm that they are competent in that field.

Super pissed off at the moment.
    took my car to Tom Kerr. dropped it there last night for them and spent about 3.5 hours on public transport to get home.
    Anyway had a call from them today saying that yes they can see a timing cover oil leak but the problem is now that its no longer warranty work because Brookvale Mazda have already tried to fix it. So what happens is Brookvale needs to pay for it. And he spoke to Brookvale Mazda and they wont pay for someone else to do it.
    I said to him that i spoke to customer service and that they said i can take it to any mazda dealer to be fixed. Tom Kerr then had to file a report to Mazda to see if they can fix it.
    I then spoke with Brookvale again and he said he refuses to pay another dealer to do it.
    so now i could be stuck with nowhere to take it but Brookvale Mazda.
    On a another note Mazda customer service has sucked up untill this point. Obviously i didnt spend 40k on a NEW car to have it at the farkin dealer 4 times in 1 month.
    This whole thing is a pain in the ass. I would be happier if it just got written off by a truck whilst it was parked than have gone through this. Thanks Mazda.....
    Just want to add that this is nothing against Tom Kerr Mazda. they have been very helpful.
    Last edited by Cton; 09-08-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Much happier today......
    Mazda has authorized Tom Kerr to do the job and Brookvale Mazda will be getting the bill........
    Stay away from Brookvale Mazda everybody.

Good stuff !!!!!!!!!

Nice

well done putting your foot down and getting them to make brookvale foot the bill
    how can one dealership's dodgy workmanship void a warranty? ????

for tom kerr tho! THAT is customer service

It doesn't void warranty, it's just that they have already billed Mazda to do the job. It's not mazdas fault brookvale stuffed up. Therefore it's up to brookvale to pay for it this time. Mazda isn't going to accept being billed 4 times because they are not capable...
    Last edited by Cton; 12-08-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Sucked in to Brookvale!

10. Default

Nicely done! Its great to see a win every now and then.

Thats one reason why i would buy another mazda. The warranty on them are awesome

All fixed. I can even see how much neater it has been sealed. Timing cover and sump, without the need to drop the engine out. If you ever need Mazda assistance I can't recommend Tom Kerr enough. Thanks jmac for the recommendation!
    Last edited by Cton; 14-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Oh crap... It's still leaking. It mustn't be the timing cover cause they did a very neat job on that and the sump. Maybe there is a slight crack somewhere. Who knows. This will be my 5th dealer visit. Lucky I'm pretty patient.

.....very very patient.....

14. Default

Im sure Tom Kerr will get it all fixed up. I've heard nothing but good things from them

Yeah, they have the car again. They hooked me up with a loan car so that's pretty good. I think they are going to put a new timing cover on.

sounds like a porous block..

ive seen it beofre..

I actually thought it could be something like that.
    Shit. that'd suck.

Had to cancel this weeks Ecutek tune until I get this leak sorted.
    Damn,I was looking forward to the tune.

Darn thats a p-sser,was hoping to see your smile and hear your hoots. Have patience my friend all good things come to those that wait.
    Hows the test pipe going.
    U def ran over a black cat.

Gotta go back to tweak something on the DP again. It should work but. We're on the right track. But I'm over leaving my car places at the moment. Just wanna enjoy it for a few weeks. Then I'll get back to it. I think I ran over a family of black cats... Ha.
    It'll all get sorted soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast