User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil leak!!!

This goes to show why i WONT have dealers service or work on my car. Except warranty work cause i have no choice.
    You would think that if i went into a dealer and said 'look, my cars got an oil leak. looks to me its coming from the timing cover near the crank angle sensor" and im wearing all my work clothes that have '***** Paint + panel' written on them. They might at least take it into account.
    And you would REALLY think they'd degrease it properly the 2nd time around after mentioning it to them also.
    Oh well. hopefully it'll never see a dealer again.

Gotta feel for you Cton,
    My service Dept charged me an extra hour to change the g/box oil. The bill stated they removed oil lines & drained the g/box sump....
    I had to explain to the Service Manager that the MPS, DOES NOT come with an auto box !!!!!!!
    My labour cost was refunded promptly.

^ What dealer was that at if you don't mind telling us?

Maitland City Motor Group.
    But to their credit, it was fixed straight away & it has been the only problem ive had with them. They replaed my R/H/R shock without batting an eyelid over my Cobb springs.

Ah ok. Still a pretty n00b mistake

F**KING HELL!
    Just jacked my car up.... still seeping some oil. !?
    I wonder if there is actually any mechanics in these dealerships? They will see me monday morning. And i wont be happy.

Cton let the Service Manager know that u are going to send a formal written complaint to Mazda Melbourne, that should light a fire under him. You dont know what sort of costs they have hit Mazda HO with and it may invoke some quick action from the dealer to rectify the problem. Best of luck .

thanks mate,
    will do. i was actually very close to doing so anyway.
    The only reason i was polite to them the second time around was because the car has been modded. And i thoought its better to keep a good relationship with them in case of any future problems.
    ill let you know how it goes monday.
    Last edited by Cton; 24-07-2010 at 12:21 PM.

good idea... guns blazing later on

took it back in today...
    Was very firm with them this time.
    They have used a stronger sealant this time.
    I jacked it up when i got home, and can see they only had the sump off this time as the sealant around the timing cover looks identical to last time. plus the new sealer is a different colour around the sump.
    Im not confident they have fixed it at all as there was oil above the sump..... I cant understand why they wouldnt just pull the whole lot back off and reseal it ALL again. instead of doing it half assed.
    Short cuts just aren't worth it. you would think they learnt they're lesson.
    ill give it a few days.
    If its no good i will contact Mazda Australia.

i wish u all the best mate and hope you dont need to take it back again!

good luck mate
    hope all goes well this time, if not, start going to higher powers...

Take it to Tom Kerr if hey still give you grief. John G will sort you out. Top bloke, best dealership service dept I've used. No BS and they get the job done.

I went away for the weekend..... came back, had a look underneath.
    I knew they hadnt fixed it this time either.
    I spoke with customer service today.... As expected, they didnt have alot to say really. Apart from that i can take it to any mazda dealer i like to get this fixed.
    Only problem is that it can be very difficult to take it to another dealer as there is no others around here. Tom Kerr could be doable but with the hours they are open its hard to fit in with work.
    My dealer wants it again next tuesday for 3 days to pull the engine out. Sucks to have the engine pulled out on a brand new car. This will be the 4th visit in a month.
    Not exactly the reason i bought a new car.......... ill give Tom Kerr a ring...

booked in with Tom Kerr for next week.......
    I asked for the service manager and spoke with him about it, explaining my situation.
    He was very understanding that i just want it fixed properly and was more than willing to help.
    Thanks for the heads up Jmac!
    Last edited by Cton; 03-08-2010 at 08:24 PM.

damm..i feel fr you..

typical mazda...the worst service centres of any manufacturers I have ever had the misfortune to ever know...not just one dealer i mean all of them! They cut corners all over the place and charge for stuff they dont do.

I was told my fuel rail was removed cleaned and checked for a fuel issue I had once I got the car back the fuel rail was still covered in the same thick layer of dust it went in with as were the injectors... :wtf:

by chance which dealer did you have an issue with?
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Thats F@rkin Sh!t Cotn !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would definated be VERY pissed about this , as im sure you are. What Dealer was it? Maybe if you name them here, it may help others avoid a similar situation with them.....
    A crap effort from customer service a well, just fobbing you off to another Dealer is a joke.
    They were quite happy to take your money when you bought the car & cant even back that up with the appropriate service.
    Its NOT GOOD ENOUGH Mazda, no wonder you didnt want a presence on this Forum, then there would be nowhere to hide.............

Well done to Tom Kerr for stepping up to the plate

Hope it works out for you mate.

Brookvale mazda.
    Im not one to name and shame as working with cars i know it doesnt always work out as expected.
    But 3 failed attempts? that just stupid. they didnt even degrease it properly till the 3rd go.
    But i wouldnt take my car there again so hope it helps if anyone is thinking of going there.
    Although i think there is only 1 other MPS owner here from the Northern Beaches.

Hopefully Mazda Aust. has a chat to them about their LACK of customer service....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast