User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What annoys you about your car?

Default What annoys you about your car?

I've had my Gen II for 2 weeks now, simply loving it thus far. To the point I had to take it back for its 1000km service one week after I picked it up.

Amongst the reasons I got the MPS over the Golf GTI was the better cabin ergonomics and simplicity of the controls. Everything about the MPS is well thought out and beautifully simple. Everything just made sense to me.

If everything is so well thought out however, then why in gods name can't I use my pre programmed seat position buttons while the car is moving?!?!?!?

Getting out on to the open road, I think it would be a perfect time to hit my pre-programmed position 3, which is slightly tilted back from my normal position, I spent quite a while getting this position just right, along with both of my other presets. Now that I am on the highway doing 110km/hr, if I want to move to my perfect cruising position, I have to pull over on the shoulder and the seat will willingly move to its new position once the car has come to a complete stop.

The fact the manual controls remain fully operational throughout, yet the pre programmed settings don't simply boggle my mind. and more importantly, does anyone know a way I can fix this? I have an electrical engineering degree so somebody point me in the direction of the wire I need to cut to disable this. It might be a small nit-picky kind of thing, but no matter how trivial something is, if it is that willfully stupid then it will make my blood boil.

Other bits that I would like to disable are the torque limiter in 1st/2nd gear and the torque limiter when the steering wheel isn't straight. I don't drive like a fool, I want my car to be 100% predictable, it should accelerate according to nothing other than the input from my right foot, not how straight the steering wheel is.

There are myriads of threads on the performance tweaks however, so ignore those quips for now, I will sort that out myself in due course. I just want to get this ridiculous seat issue sorted if at all possible.

Now that my rant is over, I thought it would be interesting to share those little things about your car that aren't real problems but you still find annoying. Every car has its idiosyncrasies and annoyances, and sometimes they can be quite funny to share.

- The indicator stalk being on the left side of the steering column
    - The fog in my left headlight

uuuuuummmmmmmmmmm...........

I sat here for 5mins thinking about what to write..but nothing came to mind...although it is early so i might get back to you

I'd say the seat would be a safty issue while driving if you select the wrong position and goes back to far it could make your hands slip from the steering wheel depending on the person of course....

My only issue is the 250k limiter after 2 years of owning the car that will get tinked with soon ....

5. Default

About the seat position ... I agree with Rino its probably a safety thing ... also *driving instructor hat on even though Im not a driving instructor* Your seating position should not change to a 'more relaxed cruising position', your seat should be set up correctly for your size and stay in that positon you should be just as alert and able to reach controls etc exactly the same regardless of wether you are cruising on the highway or zipping throug some fast twisties.

The only thing that annoys me about my MPS6 is that Mazda stopped making them
    Last edited by blackbetty; 09-07-2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

squeaks!!! thats all.....

Blog Entries

That its out of warrenty...

Thats it...I love my car

Yea I realise it is a "safety" feature, but it is a stupid safety feature.

When you use the presets, you push and hold the button and the seat slowly adjusts. Just like if you are using the manual controls. If you let go of the button it stops moving, if the seat starts moving to a position that may be a problem, you let go of the button just as you let go of the manual controls. It is not like you tap the button and the seat moves to the new position, it is all a very slow and controlled procedure.

We have to recognise that these safety features are built in because the car must accommodate to the 'lowest common denominator'. Just think about the lawsuit in the US against Winnebago where the owner set cruise control and went into the back of the camper to make a coffee ... I know that my 'position 3' is set well back so I can sit in the seat using my laptop when pulled over. I'd hate to accidentally hit that setting at 100+.

My major annoyance is the cut in power / torque in 1st gear, especially when the steering have been slightly turned. If I wanted that much noise with so little acceleration I would have bought a <insert crappy Korean car name>.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

nothing really comes to mind as love the car......tho not being able to control the ipod fully (skip songs etc) from the steering wheel is a pain that it's not standard.

Biggest annoyance?
    1. The buzzer telling me the keys are still in the ignition when the door is open. So I can't play the stereo (in accessories mode) with the drivers door open without the 'BING BING BING..."
    2. The same buzzer telling me my seat belt is not on when I'm just about to put it on. Or that my heavy backpack in the front passenger seat doesn't have his seat belt on!

The only other annoying thing is I can't afford a set of OZ RACING ULTRALEGGERA's in Matt Black with killer Tires to match...

I love my car and I'm sure we can all comprise a long list of all the things we love about our car...but this thread was long overdue! With my response I would like to break it down into two

What annoy's me about me car
    -The foam cushioning in my drivers seat is starting to squeak when compressed (sounds like an old car)
    -The upper ball joint clicking noise related to suspension
    -All the illumination is all red how boring!
    -I have the seat back all the way and I'm not even that tall

Things that would have be nice 'as standard'
    -MP3 capabilities for the 05 MPS6
    -Electric seats for a $50,000.00 car seeing some 90's model cars have them
    -Slightly better looking seats, maybe a logo on it? Better support?
    -Decent quality parts to complete the car (turbo seals, ball joint, engine mount etc)
    -Red callipers like the golf GTi (that's just me though!)
    -A beefier sounding car, even the golf sounds mean standard

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Biggest annoyance?
    1. The buzzer telling me the keys are still in the ignition when the door is open. So I can't play the stereo (in accessories mode) with the drivers door open without the 'BING BING BING..."
    2. The same buzzer telling me my seat belt is not on when I'm just about to put it on. Or that my heavy backpack in the front passenger seat doesn't have his seat belt on!
    these ^ hate that noise so much... although, the seatbelt noise is only on if you are moving and your seatbelt isnt on...
    and my gearbox is a bit cranky if the engine/oil is cold... after 3-4 minutes of driving it's ok...
    also, if i havent driven for a couple of days, i have a tendancy to stall my car the first time i get in it... dont know why, just do... soooooo embarressing... wont stall it again for rest of the day
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

1. Squeaks around the dash/instru cluster area.
    2. Front passenger seat squeakin when empty.

squeaks dash,seat belt... any performance/restritors the factory have put in place will soon be a thing of the past in a few days (they did annoy me lol)
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

None. No issues that I feel I really need to complain about, but that said...
    - Maybe piss-weak hi-beam is well up on the list of niggles.
    - I hated the DP but I tossed it anyway and got a decent one that helped transform the car, along with the FMIC.
    - I have a few minor squeaks suspension on manoeuvering, but they will get tightened at the next service.

BTW, I love the MPS' red instrument lighting, and it's the best to have for night vision preservation. Nice simple clear non-glitzy instruments. Drive a new Ford Falcon and see how their crappy vague blue white speedo looks at night!

Not bad for a 2005 car!

If we had Alfas we'd fill the page with moans...
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    About the seat position ... I agree with Rino its probably a safety thing ... also *driving instructor hat on even though Im not a driving instructor* Your seating position should not change to a 'more relaxed cruising position', your seat should be set up correctly for your size and stay in that positon you should be just as alert and able to reach controls etc exactly the same regardless of wether you are cruising on the highway or zipping throug some fast twisties.

The only thing that annoys me about my MPS6 is that Mazda stopped making them
    The electric seat memory function is very useful but I too get annoyed when I can't use the memory recall setting whilst mobile (you can still adjust the other electric knobbly bits just not the memory! - that can't be safety!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Biggest annoyance?
    Fix here for the beep

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...nder-beep.html

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I love my car and I'm sure we can all comprise a long list of all the things we love about our car...but this thread was long overdue! With my response I would like to break it down into two

What annoy's me about me car
    -All the illumination is all red how boring!

I've read somewhere of an LED fix for this, maybe MSF
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    None. No issues that I feel I really need to complain about, but that said...
    - Maybe piss-weak hi-beam is well up on the list of niggles.

If we had Alfas we'd fill the page with moans...
    Hear hear! Mazda take note, this was also a let down in the Wheels COTY when the GG Mazda 6 was released, quote Wheels mag "Crap headlights!"

Italians usually design great cars, they still haven't learnt to build them properly yet
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

bloody CEL and noisy suspension

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    The electric seat memory function is very useful but I too get annoyed when I can't use the memory recall setting whilst mobile (you can still adjust the other electric knobbly bits just not the memory! - that can't be safety!!!)
    Exactly my point, if this was a properly designed safety feature then it would kill the manual controls as well.

Lack of traction

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast